May actually considering buying a Ford

Yea, I guess the Z06 can't possibly go fast at all. It only pulls 1.22 lateral Gs, has a top speed of 190+, and a near-perfect 50:50 weight distribution. The body was specifically designed for high-speed stability and cornering capability.

The Z06 also costs substantially more.

The Shelby Mustang is a great car, it really is, but I think there are better cars out there in that price range. It all depends on what you're looking for. Of course there are TONS of parts available for Mustangs, and it will certainly grab the attention of the opposite sex, but it's very heavy and wouldn't be as fun to toss around as a smaller sports car. If you like drag racing it fits the bill though.

If it were me, I'd go after a supercharged Lotus. Slightly slower straight speed and fairly slow top speed due to drag, but tell me when you really need to go over 140 and I'll eat my hat. Also, you get insane handling that is only matched by the Z06 for a smaller price tag. They aren't the most comfortable cars though.

Over 140, its easily possible. My friend has gotten to 136 in his VW car. Nothing famcy one of the diesel ones. His whole group of friends have topped there cars out, but we all live in teh country, lots of open roads with no cops. Except, the one that did 136, got pulled over doing 109, cop was nice, gave him a ticket for going 79, and he can still drive now. But yeah, I'm sure if you drive like a teenager, you could break 140, but I'm sure a supercharged lotus can go faster than 140. But if you get a supercharger, you will really have a gas guzzler, all a supercharger does, basically, lets the car use more gas, lol.

Man, I drove 145mph only once. It was pretty intense. I think I was at that speed for about 10 seconds before I eased off the accelerator. Well, I would've gone faster if the limiter wasn't in place :p.

I still havent topped off my ranger 4.0L, my friend said he got his 2.5L 4 cyl to 114. So my 4.0L should be able to go faster than that.

Yea, I guess the Z06 can't possibly go fast at all. It only pulls 1.22 lateral Gs, has a top speed of 190+, and a near-perfect 50:50 weight distribution. The body was specifically designed for high-speed stability and cornering capability.

who said anything about speed cause it wasn't me

The Shelby GT500 is horrible. The rear suspension they use is obsolete and archaic. Why? So Ford could cut $5,000 of the price tag of an already expensive car. If you're gonna build a high-performance car, you should have the sense to put top of the line things in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YRTVt1PdCo

In my opinion, the best Ford Mustang was the GT390. Anyone ever seen Bullitt? Steve McQueen and his slick 'Highland Green' 68' Ford Mustang GT390 Fastback. Damn that was a good car...

Heh, I wouldn't mind having a Corvette either...the LS7 powerplant is pure orgasmic power.

Yeah, well if you want to use that argument, then technically the Z06 uses an archaic setup, but they pulled it off well. It uses leaf springs in the rear I think.

Also the reason the supercharged Lotus can only pull around 140mph is because it produces so much downforce that it drags the car and limits top speed to 147. Unless of course you upgrade the S/C. It's built for corners though. 100 lbs of downforce at 100 mph? Yes, please.

[topic] Corners > Straight lines. Get something fun. [/topic] :)

I'd rather have a car that can handle well. I'm not really much for drag racing (though it is good for practicing your shifting).

well I guess this relates one way or another..but yeah ISO, last night a IS350 raped me..=/..I mean I knew I was gona looose, first 2 lights he didn't push it, but then the 3rd light he just lit me up..you have the 250 right?

Back
Top Bottom