May actually considering buying a Ford

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
With all the hype in regards to imports, my next car may very well be a Ford. A Shelby that is, based on the Mustang chassis. I researched the Net and can't seem to find a base price for the all new 2008-2009 Ford Shelby GT500. The top of the line Mustang is like $27,000, CHEAP!!! I can only assume the Shelby GT is around $40,000+.

It's proably the nicest looking, compact sports car the americans can put together. 500HP of raw power, supercharged might I add!!!!! Who doesn't want it? It's a gas guzzler, which is why it has to be my weekend or cruising car. I'll still keep the car I have now for daily commute.

http://www.svt.ford.com/fordvehicles.html

I was comparing the regular Mustang GT vs the Shelby GT500, wow, what a difference. They look very simiar on the outside, the big block motor it has in the Shelby really give it an aggressive rumble sound that I love. If it's going to be sub $40,000, it's a great deal. I believe the regular Mustang GT is 300HP, which is not bad for a $26,000 vehicle. There's an optional navigation and projector headlamps too. But the Shelby GT500 is Ford's SVT line and I just found out right now that there's only 300 of them being built!!!!!!! Damn, they will go fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's still worth the money. Big block, supercharged V8!!!!!! Nothing can touch me, hehe. That's what I call a muscle car!!! Although I wonder how a 2008 Mercedes AMG fair with the Shelby GT500. Should be close. It would also be interesting to go up against a Corvette and a GT3 too.

yeah it should be around the low 40 thousand mark. It's about the only Ford vehicle I would want to own aside from the GT. It should be a pretty sweet car to have and drive.

how can it be $55 000? it says in the link you posted that it's about 78 000 pounds so thats like $160 000 US

Oh, I read in a magazine somewhere that it would be around that. Oh well, maybe I read it wrong. But I would still rather have something else, especially when GT500's weigh 2 tons.

I found that out too. It's so heavy. A Corvette has an excellent chance on smokng the Shelby because it weighs significantly less.

Because Vetts are so light, they cant go that fast, because their front wheels get lighter from the air travel, and doesnt get the full weight of the engine and losses traction.

That's probably the only downside to the Shelby GT500. Man that sucks. With a Corvette, they cost around the same but I hear you have to pay luxury tax on it every year or something like that.

That's probably why Ford added a supercharger to their Shelby design because they know that more power is needed to move that tank.

Back
Top Bottom