A mature discussion about the reasons behind the boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh.
i know its just a forum, but with the problems fixed it will be a much better and feature rich forum.
"boycotting it" was a bit stupid, but meh, nothing to do with me.
a serious letter to david would have been better

The only problems are the ones we create.

we just want a more enjoyable experience, big deal. its not asking for much in reality

Here is the way I see it:

1) You could always "boycott" the forum by simply ignoring it and moving on. Why should David care if some of his members kick up a fuss by creating an alternative forum? They can get what they want over there, and I find it kind of sad for people to boycott something to get what they want when there are other alternatives available. If you do not like this site, then find another; believe me, there are plenty of places out there to discuss computers

2) ArrizX is now in an identical situation to Brookfield following the "hacking" incident. He is a Guru but is still on the Forum Leaders list meaning he still has all his powers, or most of the basics depending on whether or not David has altered individual powers. I do not know if David did that intentionally or if it was a simple mistake, but either way something concrete needs to be done; if ArrizX is a loose cannon, he needs to either have all or none of his powers

3) There is more to life than a forum

4) Failing that, I agree with Lowndsey that a forum's content is the most important part. This is computerforums.org, not letswhineaboutthisandthatandwastedavidlindonstimeforums.org, spamandtalkrandomcrapabouthowwecanthavecustomsignaturesforums.org, horseracingforums.org, you get the general gist. Stop whining about the toys and get on with discussing the forum's subject matter; computers

5) David is unlikely to be moved by most of what you are saying. Also, way to go by getting yourself banned from a forum you have chosen to boycott because you want it to change to benefit you. So much for the benefits if you have been banned and cannot enjoy it

6) David is right to be angry about being backstabbed, especially by one of his moderators whom he thought could be trusted. Although ArrizX has intimated that he will not return to the forum anyway or at least was planning on leaving due to the problems faced here, he is in a position of trust yet was the ringleader of a campaign against his boss, in effect.

7) The forum should be conducted in a professional yet friendly manner. Less drama, less spam, George Monks knows what he can do, less whining over things like reputation and avatars... this is a forum, not a daycare centre or community social club. Some of you need to grow up, loosen up, and start acting a good bit more mature. Honestly, some of you claim to be 17-18 and I would easily mistake you for eight in the quality of your spelling, grammar and overall attitude and behaviour.

That is all I will say for now on the subject because I am tired and need my bed, but think it over.

Oh ATS... how long I have waited for another of your long ass posts that completely play along to what I am saying. :D

Good post man.

The only thing that I feel this forum needs is a bigger staff.

Haha... why?

All I am saying is that we need more mods, or maybe just more people that can take care of spam, etc.

thats all we wanted, just to help CF

im one of the original members of "that" site, and i can say, that our initial objective was to help CF, make it better a little, not to spam or to steal members

Haha... why?

All I am saying is that we need more mods, or maybe just more people that can take care of spam, etc.
i guess you just seem a little different over on "the dark side"
meh, i dont want to say too much. i dont hate cf, i dont hate the other side either. im in the middle.
i just want this sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom