A mature discussion about the reasons behind the boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lhuser, I really cannot agree with you any more. We already have enough on this forum, and a lot of members need to respect it. This forum is starting to fall apart because everyone is posting for their own personal gain, on a personal level. It's so sad to see this happen. This is far beyond immature, and I'm really surprised at some of our members, who I believed were loyal to the forum.

We don't owe anything... we never signed a contract with this forum.

edit>

if juice compman and the others don't get their accounts back, you can plan on seeing another member leave......

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mongoman this is exactly what i'm talking about. If you leave me negative rep because you don't agree with what I'm saying, I don't care. If you're not happy here at the forum, you can leave! This goes for everyone. Stop the worthless threats. Like I said, we never signed a contract with the forum!

Shouldn't a forum be about the content? Personally I couldn't give a shit about post ranks-Never even look at them really. Avatars are a good thing but i don't think they need to be any bigger. Rep bars have been fixed. Not a fan of pictures in sigs. Doesn't mean shit if you have a big bright pretty forum with lots of avs and sigs if the content of the posts are rubbish. The posts at this place is pretty good overall which is why it has lasted so long. I think David does a pretty good job overall ..the only thing he could probably do better is that when there is a thread with a suggestion...to acknowledge that he has read it and maybe give a quick answer or opinion on it right there. Personally I think that would help to stop multiple threads arguing about the same subject. Other than that I have no other gripes with the forum. So what if some members are leaving over this...They will be replaced with new ones...look back through the archives...there are a hell of a lot of members gone from then. They were replaced with new ones. Thats the nature of forums. Also it is the nature of having mainly a teenage fanbase...that stage of your life you come and go interests change your life changes so losing members will happen regardless.

if juice compman and the others don't get their accounts back, you can plan on seeing another member leave......

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This hasn't been discussed at all, so don't take my word as a promise. I'll be talking to David. Having been on that forum myself and looking through it, I know who was involved and in what.

One of them won't be comming back, I know that much. However the other two I'm leaving up in the air for now.

the thing is for the members who are looking at leaving the forums for good is that there has been a lot of time and dedication placed on the forums on their part and I am sure they would honestly hate to give that up because the admin won't listen to people's requests. I know that I for one don't want to move to another forum and start all over as a newb trying to fit in with a whole new crowd of members. Understand what I'm saying?

Lhuser, I really cannot agree with you any more. We already have enough on this forum, and a lot of members need to respect it. This forum is starting to fall apart because everyone is posting for their own personal gain, on a personal level. It's so sad to see this happen. This is far beyond immature, and I'm really surprised at some of our members, who I believed were loyal to the forum.

We don't owe anything... we never signed a contract with this forum.

But that's what I'm trying to get through: All those personal level spammings and all tends to occur in families, but CF is not a family, but a community. You see friends, not second brothers and sisters, in a caring house. This forum is as cold as life, and personally, the user has the right of expression, to a certain extent.

Part of David's goal is to keep this forum clean. Visually too. We have to respect his ideas. He already did a lot for us, and yet we still want more. This sickens me. This is David's forum as it is ours. If we want to be part of it, we must respect his decisions. What I can't understand is how concerned some are about rep, post count, popularity.

But that's what I'm trying to get through: All those personal level spammings and all tends to occur in families, but CF is not a family, but a community. You see friends, not second brothers and sisters, in a caring house. This forum is as cold as life, and personally, the user has the right of expression, to a certain extent.

I'm glad that someone agrees. I just wish that some could actually understand what we're trying to say...

Even more of what I don't understand is how some could read through [this thread] and yet still go and post new threads concerning rep, and mods....

He already did a lot for us, and yet we still want more. This sickens me. This is David's forum as it is ours. If we want to be part of it, we must respect his decisions. What I can't understand is how concerned some are about rep, post count, popularity.

I agree about when he gives something people seem to just want more. But at the same time it is human nature and I don't think it can be changed. It can seem ungrateful...but it doesn't have to mean that people aren't appreciative.

Here is the way I see it:

1) You could always "boycott" the forum by simply ignoring it and moving on. Why should David care if some of his members kick up a fuss by creating an alternative forum? They can get what they want over there, and I find it kind of sad for people to boycott something to get what they want when there are other alternatives available. If you do not like this site, then find another; believe me, there are plenty of places out there to discuss computers

2) ArrizX is now in an identical situation to Brookfield following the "hacking" incident. He is a Guru but is still on the Forum Leaders list meaning he still has all his powers, or most of the basics depending on whether or not David has altered individual powers. I do not know if David did that intentionally or if it was a simple mistake, but either way something concrete needs to be done; if ArrizX is a loose cannon, he needs to either have all or none of his powers

3) There is more to life than a forum

4) Failing that, I agree with Lowndsey that a forum's content is the most important part. This is computerforums.org, not letswhineaboutthisandthatandwastedavidlindonstimeforums.org, spamandtalkrandomcrapabouthowwecanthavecustomsignaturesforums.org, horseracingforums.org, you get the general gist. Stop whining about the toys and get on with discussing the forum's subject matter; computers

5) David is unlikely to be moved by most of what you are saying. Also, way to go by getting yourself banned from a forum you have chosen to boycott because you want it to change to benefit you. So much for the benefits if you have been banned and cannot enjoy it

6) David is right to be angry about being backstabbed, especially by one of his moderators whom he thought could be trusted. Although ArrizX has intimated that he will not return to the forum anyway or at least was planning on leaving due to the problems faced here, he is in a position of trust yet was the ringleader of a campaign against his boss, in effect.

7) The forum should be conducted in a professional yet friendly manner. Less drama, less spam, George Monks knows what he can do, less whining over things like reputation and avatars... this is a forum, not a daycare centre or community social club. Some of you need to grow up, loosen up, and start acting a good bit more mature. Honestly, some of you claim to be 17-18 and I would easily mistake you for eight in the quality of your spelling, grammar and overall attitude and behaviour.

That is all I will say for now on the subject because I am tired and need my bed, but think it over.

meh.
i know its just a forum, but with the problems fixed it will be a much better and feature rich forum.
"boycotting it" was a bit stupid, but meh, nothing to do with me.
a serious letter to david would have been better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom