A mature discussion about the reasons behind the boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
There has been threads about the boycott itself, but I really don't feel its a big deal. David took what he felt was the necessary action, and thats over.

What needs to happen now is to have the mature people from each side discuss in public why they feel an assistant administrator is necessary.

This is my understanding so far:

We need an assistant administrator because David doesn't have enough time to make as many changes as we would like. Which is understandable since he probably has a real job.

David doesn't want an assistant administrator, because in the end it's his website and he does not want to lose any control over it. Any very important decisions he wants the final say over, and he feels that he is submitting some of this power by creating the position of assistant administrator. Or maybe the assistant will do something to undermine him, or mess up the website. All understandable.

I think it would be appropriate for us to discuss these issues here. No talk of the boycott, no talk of spammers, or members who have been recently banned or unbanned. Just the issues. And hopefully David can find the time to discuss this here.

he either needs an assist admin, or to do some of the changes we want.
without us there is no forum. it needs changes. otherwise a lot of us wont come back (im staying btw w/e happens)
simple as that. we cant keep ignoring this

this is the 4th freaking thread about the same damn topic, they ALL need to be freakin closed :Mad:

this is the 4th freaking thread about the same damn topic, they ALL need to be freakin closed :Mad:

None of them are actually about the reasons behind the boycott. Their all about the spammers, and banning ArrizX (which is absolutely ridiculous), and no ones actually talking about why the people were boycotting.

i like this thread. tbh my posts in one of the threads sums it up.
lock em all except for this.

I agree to that. But what are we talking about when we say an assistant administrator. David can't be expected to hand over access to FTP, the CPanel, and everything else to someone he hasn't even met.

theres loads of trustworthy members on here. besides they wouldnt be a "super admin" like him anyway

Here's my thoughts on this issue.

If you don't like what's going on in this forum, go somewhere else. It's that simple. :D

Here's my thoughts on this issue.

If you don't like what's going on in this forum, go somewhere else. It's that simple. :D
looks like cf is going to be empty then :rolleyes:
why forget about the problems when we can fix it and make cf much better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom