The Marines

^ that war was all about oil.....

The war was about creating a positive pro-American influence in the middle east to have a US military hub in the center of action, and if this is true it could have very easily been a huge economic advantage for the US and would have helped it remain world superpower.

^^^^^^^^^^ DJ just nailed the true agenda of the war in Iraq. Just look were Iraq is on a map. They just needed an excuse to go over and take it over.

They could care less about Iraqi citizens. They want a strategic battle station in case something drastic happens with one of the true super powers.

The war was about creating a positive pro-American influence in the middle east to have a US military hub in the center of action, and if this is true it could have very easily been a huge economic advantage for the US and would have helped it remain world superpower.

Tbh, I doubt the US will remain a superpower for long. Today's "superpowers" are based on technology and economy. Who cares if you can blow up the world 40 times? Are you going to do it? No. So it's really useless. When dealing with technology and economy India and China are 2 countries that are catching up in this race. With US outsourcing a lot of jobs to these 2 countries, the need for engineers is "lowering". However, that is not exactly true. Without engineers the US will not be able to advance. My prediction is that this common misuderstanding will dethrone the US as the world's superpower. Although these are the biggest 2 in the race (India and China), I believe Saudi Arabia could also be in this race, seeings as Dubai is becoming one of the biggest cities in the world.

This is great seeing all the misconceptions and whacky theories about what the "war" was/is all about. Keep it up guys. Makes for some humorous reading.

But then, let's try to keep this thread on topic. There have been enough of those silly threads already. :D

Sorry to bring the election back, but I'm really hoping Obama wins. I think he's the only one who has a chance of ending this useless war. Like DJ Chris said, it's seems to be a gamble, and so far the US is losing.

There's the rub JogaBonito1502, Obama will no more end it any sooner than anybody else. He is uncommitted to any withdrawal time line as was every other democrat delegate. :rolleyes:

No. He did not say the war could last another 100 years. He said we could have a presence there for that amount of time. Look how long we've been in Japan, Germany etc.

Oh. I didn't know. I missed a question mark there. Sorry. But still, I think McCain, being a war veteran, knows the cons/pros of war and could end this sooner or later than Obama. However, the fact that he is a Republican (similar plans as Bush) makes me believe Obama can end it first.

Back
Top Bottom