marijuana laws in canada

Peter Lachowicz

Daemon Poster
i do not smoke weed and many of my friends do and they say that it is legal to be "high" in public. I know it is illegal here to posess and traffic it, but i keep on hearing that it is legal to be high on the streets and police cant do anything to stop you.

Plenty of people do it, its not that bad for you, but its the gateway drug. In hte US at least and I'm sure up there, its illegal to posses it. I think smoking of any kind is stupid tho. If you really want to smoke, go sit by a bonfire or something, at least its not tabacoo smoke, lol. Bonfire, its a tufer, marshmellows and a smoke.

Well... If there is nothing on you, and you aren't selling it (obviously because its not on your) then, I think you're ok, although there has gotta be some sort of law that says that illegal because you had to once possess it, to get the high.

yo and actually i read in this article that the canadian government approved the fact that weed is not gateway drug. lol ya and so many people do it. Like one in 3 ppl do it in our highschool.

Well, you can get arrested for public intoxication so being under the influence of a controlled substance can probably fall under that category, and its not that hard to prove that your high, especially if they take you back to the station and test your urine or something then its cold hard proof. But the police won't even stop you if your not doing anything stupid or acting obnoxious, so don't do that and you'll probably be safe.

police usually dont do anything about the smokers, because there not the problem, its the dealers who do stuff, you dont find high people driving or doing stupid stuff, now stuff like meth, and exotic drugs you will get arrested for, but i know people who has seen a cop tell somebody who is smoking weed to just put it away, but they arrested him because he started blowing it(he was just burning it in a bowl) in the officers face and talking crap. simple logic, with no dealers there is no smokers, and there really isnt a point to putting a pot smoker in jail, costs too much money for such a minor thing, unless they have large quanties.

Back
Top Bottom