man today sucks :( :( :( :(

pooker

In Runtime
I was tuning on my car and I heard the dreaded knock. I will not know for sure if its a spun bearing until I drop the pan but there is a good chance it i. :( Just for some info. there is main and rod bearings on your crankshaft they usually spin to lack of oil its the only reason cars can rev as high as they can, if one spins your engine basically needs to be replaced. If you run with a spun bearing your car will go till it has no power usually in a week or so, then much worse can happen like throwing a rod. If I have to pull the engine it might be semi salvagble, but if I was to reuse it again I would have to order a a rebuild kit, get my crankshaft cut and the thing about cutting our crankshaft is it has a nitrate coating and cutting it .o10 even can cause problems with the crank. This is no issue if you have a stock car, but mine is not. I was gonna use the money from the computers I was selling to buy me some cams. :( Something always bad happens, I just replaced the headgasket, head, and did a rebuild not to long ago.

Ouch that sounds horrible =(.... Fingers crossed that its not anything major...

Did I mention I didn't really understand anything you said.. but it sounds bad anywho...

Yeah I guess I will now by tomorrow if best buy is open, working 10 hour + days does not leave alot of time to work on a car. If it is a spun bearing I am just gonna drive it till I ruin the block, noone should own this engine again with the problems its put me through. :mad: My car is to emo it hurts itself all the time.

that sucks.. my engine kinda ticks when its idleing, i know its not good.. but the car has done 112,000 miles, and i only paid £490 for it, lol, so its just run it into the ground and get another old banger..

mark thorpe said:
that sucks.. my engine kinda ticks when its idleing, i know its not good.. but the car has done 112,000 miles, and i only paid £490 for it, lol, so its just run it into the ground and get another old banger..

Try switching over to synthetic oil and see if that still occur. Also, does it help if you use premium grade gasoline? My car makes ticking sound constantly, but I found out that it's normal since it's direct fuel injection.

Not as bad a s what deltic locomotive 55022 did on a railtour...1 of the pistons came of the cranksaft and flew out the engine room!

ISOwner said:
Try switching over to synthetic oil and see if that still occur. Also, does it help if you use premium grade gasoline? My car makes ticking sound constantly, but I found out that it's normal since it's direct fuel injection.

it needs a service anyway, its just got up to 112,000 miles.. so ill get it done soon, ill get them to change the oil when they do the service.. it would probably help if i used premium grade petrol, but its not really worth the extra money on an old car which im only going to have for a few years anyway.. i didnt pay alot of money for the car, so im not expecting it to last a huge amount of time, and it has done alot of miles..the ticking sounds like a loose tappet, they might have a look at that in service, but if its going to cost alot to fix i wont bother, just run it til the car dies then buy another...

pooker said:
I was tuning on my car and I heard the dreaded knock. I will not know for sure if its a spun bearing until I drop the pan but there is a good chance it i. :( Just for some info. there is main and rod bearings on your crankshaft they usually spin to lack of oil its the only reason cars can rev as high as they can, if one spins your engine basically needs to be replaced. If you run with a spun bearing your car will go till it has no power usually in a week or so, then much worse can happen like throwing a rod. If I have to pull the engine it might be semi salvagble, but if I was to reuse it again I would have to order a a rebuild kit, get my crankshaft cut and the thing about cutting our crankshaft is it has a nitrate coating and cutting it .o10 even can cause problems with the crank. This is no issue if you have a stock car, but mine is not. I was gonna use the money from the computers I was selling to buy me some cams. :( Something always bad happens, I just replaced the headgasket, head, and did a rebuild not to long ago.
Man, that sucks.....Looks like you'll be paying for an engine rebuild instead. What kind of car do you have?

Back
Top Bottom