Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Making Friends.

Just out of curiosity.. what's your definition of messed up?
But to be honest, usually talking does suffice, regardless of what it seems, consistency is just the main factor in that. You just have to make a regular thing with people you want to get to know better, and sometimes you have to be the one that takes the extra step and become friends with them outside of school as well. Just asking them to a random movie or even a school funded event could be enough to touch off a really nice friendship. Anyways, that's how I really see things.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

And just hang around with ppl. Not the preppy ones tho, they are usually meaner, lol. I just got back from a diabetes conference in Florida, and I only knew 4 of 3000 ppl when I first went there, but I became friends with tons of other ppl there, just talk to them or hang around with them, altho I ung out with 3 of those four almost all the time, I still met a bunch of ppl.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #13
muz
Golden Master

another at the chess club also speak to people about other stuff like computers and any sports you are interested in or even the weather/news cos people dont just wanna talk about one thing all the time
Old 07-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

uhhh

well alright

just act yourself

a lotta people say it but it's actually true when i moved i was so worried about making friends this and that and nothing worked until i just gave up...seriously

i forgot about the whole "making friends" concept and just focused on other things, and before i knew it i started making friends, and I didn't even realize it. later on i looked back and noticed all the new people i knew and slapped myself for getting so worked up about it

don't worry about it, you'll be fine
joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #15
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe pic View Post
just act yourself
Dead on. Sure, anyone can pretend to be anything. But when the people who you are trying to befriend find out that who you were trying to be isn't you, they'll ditch you.

Friends are alot more fun if they have the same real personality as you. Me and my friends all have different interests. They like sports, I like computers, but our personalities are the same which makes things a blast when we get together.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #16
In Runtime

Thanks you guys have realy helped out !
http://support.microsoft.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft
WindowsXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe pic View Post
uhhh

well alright

just act yourself

a lotta people say it but it's actually true when i moved i was so worried about making friends this and that and nothing worked until i just gave up...seriously

i forgot about the whole "making friends" concept and just focused on other things, and before i knew it i started making friends, and I didn't even realize it. later on i looked back and noticed all the new people i knew and slapped myself for getting so worked up about it

don't worry about it, you'll be fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Dead on. Sure, anyone can pretend to be anything. But when the people who you are trying to befriend find out that who you were trying to be isn't you, they'll ditch you.

Friends are alot more fun if they have the same real personality as you. Me and my friends all have different interests. They like sports, I like computers, but our personalities are the same which makes things a blast when we get together.
Yeah just act yourself all the time, trying to be someone else doesn't really worked (Spent MANY years doing that). Don't judge people as well, the "cool" plastic group are always lonely assholes as well.

I have a wide varitey of friends, to people uptight enough that they wont swear, to people that go and get drunk / high as hell all the time.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #18
muz
Golden Master

Yeah act yourself . Straight up . If somebody dosent like you for who you are well they are the kind of person that you dont need as a friend
Old 07-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #19
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

6th form is great. i made loads of new friends when i started. i just sat in one of my lessons by myself n got talking to someone else as we had to work together, we became friends and are now good friends. the rest just followed on. school is a great way of making friends. be yourself and just see what happens
Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #20
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

if only making friends was as easy as getting a girl friend not like making friends is THAT easy but much easier than getting a gf to say the least

Arent we your friends

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote