Making a FPS

seriously... we're talking some major bucks if we put enough time and energy intom, that is, if the public recognizes us for it and loves our game. and we should also make a multi player too, somehting online. or should we?

jac006 said:
seriously... we're talking some major bucks if we put enough time and energy intom, that is, if the public recognizes us for it and loves our game. and we should also make a multi player too, somehting online. or should we?

One thing: Multiplayer has to be woven in from the very beginning. It can't just be thrown in at the end as an afterthought.

Can I join, zodiak?

Ahhh, malbuc, I knew I's see you reply here :).

You know you don't even have to ask to be on the team :p.

Yea we need to get some phpBB goin. Go on AIM or MSn more often.

umm just to let you in on this. This is going to take awhile. and unless we want to write or own insane 3d engine, licensing for a 3d engine is not cheap. I think that once we get some basic framework, we should take our Idea to a developer, and they could help us, or give us some hints on what to do next. But I checked the licensing price for the UNREAL III engine, which is for next gen consoles, and PC's and the licenses on that costs $750,000 US. Plus they also want a 3% royalty fee on all games sold :(. I think getting a developer and or a publisher would be a very wise idea.

BTW is any of your hotmail's Dylan roscovitch@hotmail.com? he's on my MSn list and have no clue who he is.

HAHAHA that's pennies compared to what well be making. If we get enough programmers, (10-12) we could write our own insane engine, and make even more money by selling the engine for $ 10,000 a peice. #% royalty. Also, Unreal isn't the way to go. I would use the Doom 3 or Farcry engine preferably.

umm yes it is, have you seen pics for there new engine? here are some, they are absolutley insane!
p_beast.jpg

p_embry1.jpg

p_bezerker.jpg

there are also more @ http://www.unrealtechnology.com

tell me then, how would you go about aquireing the license to use it though? just wondering, it may be equal or better, but it's bound to be hard to get if it was designed from scratch just for doom 3. and, those are just demo's, the graphics will get better too. I dont know if doom 3 can compete, because it was designed specifically for one game. Maybe we should code our own?

yeah... lol. is that how much the software costs? geez it does... but what about the pay that we could get? it could be huge if we're successful enough. also, btw, im a composer so i could do music and i also could game planning, like the site planning for levels and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom