Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #21
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Made this waterfall for my mums bday what do you think??

thansk all! yeah its not 100% finished yet i still have to cement the rocks in place at the top and build up around it with soil. all the liner has to be cut back to size and then my mum can think about what plants and stuff she wants around it as i have no idea about greenerie. we are getting a black hose pipe which we are going to hide with plants and in the soil then i might make a resovoir so the water flows down more gently but yeah im really pleased with it i had no idea that it would turn out so good. ohh the rocks are from the forest of dean which we had lying around the garden and on my dads farm

Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #22
BSOD

Nice work. I'd like to do something like that in my back yard if not for water restrictions.

Sin_After_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #23
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin_After_Sin View Post
Nice work. I'd like to do something like that in my back yard if not for water restrictions.
What do you mean? You only need to fill it up once, and it'll recirculate the water
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #24
BSOD

Mate, I'm not even sure if we're allowed to do that anymore. Right now they've relaxed a bit. We can use the hose between 4pm and 4:30pm on the weekends. Even numbered houses on Saturday and odd numbered houses on the Sunday.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #25
Fully Optimized

wow thats got to suck. its raining so much here in the uk that we didnt need to fill up the last foot by hose pipe
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #26
BSOD

Been some rain here as well and we're into the last month of winter, but the rain is not in the right places. Dams are at 40% but it's no where near enough. Can't even wash our bloody cars.

I'll compenstae for that by going to see Judas Priest in a few weeks time and sticking my head in a W bin and let 40,000 watts of the best heavy metal on the planet blow my farquing brains out.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #27
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to shanaya Send a message via Yahoo to shanaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin_After_Sin View Post
Been some rain here as well and we're into the last month of winter, but the rain is not in the right places. Dams are at 40% but it's no where near enough. Can't even wash our bloody cars.

I'll compenstae for that by going to see Judas Priest in a few weeks time and sticking my head in a W bin and let 40,000 watts of the best heavy metal on the planet blow my farquing brains out.
The waterfall looks great! As for Judas Priest, I saw them for the first time July 24th of this year. I can die happy now!
shanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #28
Daemon Poster

Wow man, props for taking your time and doing it right. You did an awesome job, make sure you show us some finished pics when it's all done.
xtremezx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #29
BSOD

I've got a large yard. Front and back. No garden to speak of yet. We've only just bought this house several months ago. Gardening is not my strong suit, but landscaping allows my imagination to run away. I even have room for a bowling alley up one side of the house.

Fisher, I feel inspired by your wonderful efforts. Great work. I hope I can do a job at least half as good as you.

Shanaya, you have no idea how envious of you I am at this particular moment.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #30
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

how about a putting green? you have room for that? I"ll trade houses with you dude.

« Cod 4 | IP Proxy? »