Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

Even if it's not a rip off, it's still not worth it.
It's like paying the extra money to look cool, the guy with the smaller gadget.
Whereas I could spend less on a somewhat bigger one that has more power anyway.

Wrong. It's like Airline Planes Vs Airforce Planes. Each have there different uses and one costs different than the other.

Yes, because I need to use my laptop to shoot down enemy helicopters in Iraq.

It all makes sense now.. thanks to the man who can't use the edit button, let alone apologize for possibly forgetting.

I personally wouldn't spend that much money on a laptop and don't know anyone who would. In my opinion, the Air is geared toward lawyers and businessmen who need portability more than anything else. If portability was the main feature that someone needed in a laptop, and they had very deep pockets, I would say that the Air would be a great choice for them. Otherwise, it would be ridiculous to spend that much on a computer with those specs. The one thing that does really interest me about the air is the SSD hard drive. I like the idea of a laptop that is less likely to be damaged if it is dropped. I also like the faster speeds that the SSD has, just not the small amount of space.
Yer but if it where for businessmen and lawyers people who could possibly be spending long hours travelling then it should have a removeable battery as then the user could carry a spare battery with them for extended use , in fact i had an old compaq laptop that had better battery options than the mac book air and it was 10 years old

and then theres only having 1 usb port , well i think that is quite flawed design as what if a user has a memory stick and a removeable hard drive that they want to use at the same time

and the lack of ethernet is also a flaw in my opinion as a lot of business's still use ethernet cables in their offices for networking etc

i think here apple have tried desperatly to make "the worlds thinnest notebook" and that was their primary objective rather than making a productive ultra mobile laptop for businessmen etc as they could done a much better job at making a laptop for that area of the market
IMO it is more of a fasion accessory than a productive business notebook and i think it will just be bought by rich kids and people like that to look cool

sony has one thats like 400 less than the base Air, with a CD drive, replace. battery, all that good stuff, and the same size with a t72500

For $3000, I had better get more than one USB port, a CD drive, and more cool spects. However, I do like Mac products though I do feel they could do business a bit differently.

I own an older Mac computer--thirdhand--an Eye Book G3 2001 running Mac OS9. It was my father's friend, then my dad's, then mine. It is pretty durrable.

I've never purchased a new computer in my lifetime, nor have I ever purchased the parts to build myself a new one. I just get others computers, fix them for myself, and use them. That works for me. Not to mention, it is very cost efficient. A person thinks their computer is crap because it was possessed with spyware or something, or they need a new part. I try to convince them it is simple to fix. Instead, they don't listen. they go buy a new one anyway. Then, they throw the old used one at me. Their loss, my gain.

Someday, I'd like to purchase a new Mac that runs OSx 10 Tiger, as it works pretty well for people with eye trouble. It won't be anytime soon though.

Back
Top Bottom