Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #21
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 333
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

It's $3000 because of the SSD. For what you are getting for $3000, it's a good price. For what you are getting for the $1800 model, it's a good price.
__________________

TheLastWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #22
Golden Master
 
borat_sagdiyev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,986
Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

the 64gb SSD drive adds like 1000 to the price.
__________________

__________________
Core 2 Duo e4500 2.2ghz @ 2.8ghz
evga 650i ultra
2gb 400mhz ram OC'ed to 450
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
–88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to –88
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

yeah they're crap. Too low of CPU processing power, single usb port, no cd drive (ok well a lot dont have this but still), no firewire, non-replaceable battery, etc, etc.
Then I see this guy walking the other day holding a macbook air in his hand outside of any case like it's some sort of mother****ing magical scepter he's been granted for being a supreme individual or something. I should have said something like that he's a douche for paying the money to own one but I let him go. I didn't want to break his pride because he probably just bought it.
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine LŲsung!
–88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #24
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 333
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by –88 View Post
yeah they're crap. Too low of CPU processing power, single usb port, no cd drive (ok well a lot dont have this but still), no firewire, non-replaceable battery, etc, etc.
Then I see this guy walking the other day holding a macbook air in his hand outside of any case like it's some sort of mother****ing magical scepter he's been granted for being a supreme individual or something. I should have said something like that he's a douche for paying the money to own one but I let him go. I didn't want to break his pride because he probably just bought it.
The CPU power is fine.
TheLastWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #25
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
well mac likes to think of there stuff as gold. This is yet another reason i hate them. and then you will pay like 300 in new items and other things its very sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
oh and be careful what you say because 0101010110001 will give you bad rep for telling him that, lolz.
You need to get over it. You deserved what you got. Iím surprised youíre still dragging this along, especially after all that wrong information you posted.

The reason why the Air is expensive is because of its form factor. Though I donít necessary like the Air, it is cheap compared with other ultraportables on the market. Compare it with the Lenovo Thinkpad x300.
__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #26
Fully Optimized
 
–88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to –88
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastWolf View Post
The CPU power is fine.
for you
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine LŲsung!
–88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #27
Fully Optimized
 
ace777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,110
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
You need to get over it. You deserved what you got. I’m surprised you’re still dragging this along, especially after all that wrong information you posted.

The reason why the Air is expensive is because of its form factor. Though I don’t necessary like the Air, it is cheap compared with other ultraportables on the market. Compare it with the Lenovo Thinkpad x300.
seems like you have the same problem, you have just reposted everything i deleted to try and stop an argument from happening, you are EXTREMLY immature, to even think okf having a decent conversation with you is ridiculas, as i have said before and will say AGAIN you have no idea what you are talking about so please just shut your mouth. you keep posting stuff to annoy me and I WILL report you

-ace777.
__________________
2.4 Ghz celeron, 1.25 PNY pc 2700 RAM,PNY VERTIGO 5200 FX , 40 GB HDD
900Mhz 256 RAM , MX 4000, 30 GB HDD
1.9Ghz dual core AMD Athlon 2 GB 384 VRAM 320 Gb HD
2.3 tricore phenom,2 GB RAM , EVGA 9600 GSO,250 GB SSD
2.6 X4 620, 4GB RAM, 9600 GSO, 500 GB HDD/I'm part of The Project
ace777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #28
Fully Optimized
 
spywarebanisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,135
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

its a laptop. the air is for protability and it is much more portalbe than any other laaptop.
__________________
amd athlon x2 4800+ 2.5ghz / 4gb ddr2 800mhz mushkin/ ZOTAC 8600gt 256mb / 320gb HDD 7200RPM / 250 watt psu
spywarebanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #29
In Runtime
 
MacGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 193
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

I personally wouldn't spend that much money on a laptop and don't know anyone who would. In my opinion, the Air is geared toward lawyers and businessmen who need portability more than anything else. If portability was the main feature that someone needed in a laptop, and they had very deep pockets, I would say that the Air would be a great choice for them. Otherwise, it would be ridiculous to spend that much on a computer with those specs. The one thing that does really interest me about the air is the SSD hard drive. I like the idea of a laptop that is less likely to be damaged if it is dropped. I also like the faster speeds that the SSD has, just not the small amount of space.

This video http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ith_video.html shows how fast the Air SSD is compared to the Air HHD while booting up. Definitely a noticeable difference....Just not enough of one that I am willing to spend $3197 to try it out.
MacGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:23 AM   #30
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

Even if it's not a rip off, it's still not worth it.
It's like paying the extra money to look cool, the guy with the smaller gadget.
Whereas I could spend less on a somewhat bigger one that has more power anyway.
__________________

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0