Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #11
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,534
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

*sighs*

I received bad reputation for my post above, just because i was saying that I've never saw Alvino and whatever article Joxley's talking about...instead I got this:

Quote:
Jordan, to be honest, I think you make the most stupid, pointless posts you ever could. You are a post whore, you rarely help, and only think about post count. For example - "I've never saw that one" - I think you are just a post whore.
Whoever left that, don't you think that was a little harsh?

__________________

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

The fact that I need Quicktime to watch this already makes it crap. The only thing at WWDC 06' that interested me was the Time Machine. Other than that...whoopdeedoo.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3638

There. For those of you thinking to buy Macbooks, enjoy. The funniest thing is the incredibly short time it takes to COMPLETELY take control of the Macbook.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #13
Golden Master
 
borat_sagdiyev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,986
Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

wat the hell is wrong with quicktime???
__________________
Core 2 Duo e4500 2.2ghz @ 2.8ghz
evga 650i ultra
2gb 400mhz ram OC'ed to 450
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

I hate it. .MOV files are big and when I try to download some video files, all it does is display it on a seperate tab. So annoying.

Of course, this is just a personal preference.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #15
Daemon Poster
 
Lac3y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,110
Send a message via MSN to Lac3y
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

Well, I just watched the whole thing and I have to say I am very, very impressed with all the features it'll have. And why shouldn't they make fun of Microsoft? I agree with everything they said. Microsoft is taking the p*** delaying Vista, they are stealing ideas from apple.

I am a big fan of Apple and as soon as I have a job I'm going to invest in a mac.
__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.7GHz
4GB OCZ PC-6400 RAM
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB HDD
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #16
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

"Based on flaws in wireless network driver design, Apple's line of MacBooks -- and MacBook Pros -- allows an attacker to remotely bypass the security of the laptop and the operating system."

lmao!! so much for macs being secure, and never having any viruses.. or crashing.. or being able to be hacked..

haha, that article made me laugh..
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lac3y
Well, I just watched the whole thing and I have to say I am very, very impressed with all the features it'll have. And why shouldn't they make fun of Microsoft? I agree with everything they said. Microsoft is taking the p*** delaying Vista, they are stealing ideas from apple.

I am a big fan of Apple and as soon as I have a job I'm going to invest in a mac.
Well you can't consider it stealing, because Apple never copyrighted their sleek and cool UI style. Sure, the UI is probably copyrighted, but not the style.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #18
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
"Based on flaws in wireless network driver design, Apple's line of MacBooks -- and MacBook Pros -- allows an attacker to remotely bypass the security of the laptop and the operating system."

lmao!! so much for macs being secure, and never having any viruses.. or crashing.. or being able to be hacked..

haha, that article made me laugh..
Haha, yup. Those guys at Black Hat completely took control of a Macbook in less than 60 seconds.

I also agree with Root. At least Microsoft admits Windows has flaws and they honestly try to bring out updates and patches to fix it. Apple on the other hand, they insist that Mac's never crash and are perfectly secure even when in the face of proof. Look at the recent problems with the Macbook...when their laptop batteries started catching on fire, they didn't even bother with a recall at first. Now they're recalling them and admitting there were flaws with the batteries.

These days, NOTHING is secure. Windows or Mac.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:43 AM   #19
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,003
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Haha, yup. Those guys at Black Hat completely took control of a Macbook in less than 60 seconds.

I also agree with Root. At least Microsoft admits Windows has flaws and they honestly try to bring out updates and patches to fix it. Apple on the other hand, they insist that Mac's never crash and are perfectly secure even when in the face of proof. Look at the recent problems with the Macbook...when their laptop batteries started catching on fire, they didn't even bother with a recall at first. Now they're recalling them and admitting there were flaws with the batteries.

These days, NOTHING is secure. Windows or Mac.
Batteries ehh?

thinks Ipods... why the hell can't Mac find a decent battery supplier!
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Mac totally dissing Microsoft at WWDC2006

Yup. There were a whole ton of problems with Macbooks lately. First it was poor batteries, next it was fading palmrests (turned from silver to yellowish), then it was overheating notebooks. Turns out the factory kept forgetting to remove the plastic covering the ventilation port (to keep dust out during manufacture) when packaging the Macbooks. There were even cases where people were fed up with their overheating Macbooks, and when some opened up the laptops, they found MASSIVE amounts of thermal paste on the CPU and GPU. As we all know, that makes the paste an insulator, not conductor.

First, Apple said, "shit happens, not our fault." Later, "Oh turn out we forgot to take out the plastic cover. If you could be so kind as to take out for us, then you don't have to sue us for making poor laptops." That's not what they exactly said, but it's close.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0