Mac Comic

boardordi3 said:
like the fact that other companies besides apple make software for PC's...
and wtf is with that bs where the mac's like, "mac works with evrything" bullsh!t, it works with the ipod, and a couple of hp cameras...
Actually, a Mac does work with everything magically. You can plug in a random USB device and it just works. No annoying "Install New Hardware" popup. It just works.

Actually, I hate the new commercials except for the Networking one which emphasises the ability to work with different devices.

Legodude522 said:
Actually, a Mac does work with everything magically. You can plug in a random USB device and it just works. No annoying "Install New Hardware" popup. It just works.

Actually, I hate the new commercials except for the Networking one which emphasises the ability to work with different devices.
I agree that an install new hardware popup can be annoying,
but when that install hardware box first comes up you can select an option that says search windows update for drivers everytime I install new hardware, (then there is no problems)
I choose not to check the box that says connect to the internet everytime as I've had a bad experiance with just allowing the computer to download drivers at random will...

the long and the short of it is that Nvidea released a new driver, and that took away the duel screen options, so I had to find my OEM driver disk and install old drivers before my hardware would work properly...

I heard a funny story today from a guy who uses a Mac, (I'm his IT support), basically he's got a nice new mac laptop (had t for three weeks), but nothing on it works, it randomly locks up and crashes, asking to send error reports to apple (so yes you mac users are now all just beta testers as well... -suck it up!), then the error report function crashes as well.
he phoned the Mac support people (the apple support centre), and spoke to a guy who ummed, arrred and told him that he'd be just as well to just format the computer and start again...

today, he spent his afternoon trying to nurse his laptop back to health, only for the same errors to come back!

Not saying that Macs are crappy or anything... just saying that I've never had a brand new (or old actually) PC that locks up immediatly when windows (and no other applications) are installed.

I've had brand new spanking 3,000 PCs lock up on me... Frankly its simply just plain unlucky. My biggest problem with my current PC besides wanting more has been a PSU burning out which isn't that big of a deal IMHO. It cost me 40 bucks to fix.

Personnaly in hardware somtimes it hit or miss. My MP3 player first one hit the ground once and busted open never worked again. THE EXTACT SAME MODEL has been used and abused so many times, in fact I think the sound quality has improved :) Hardware somtimes act funky. One second it don't work the next it does. My moms PC HD failed once totally just uterally failed and the CPU fan stopped. It was an AMD well it simpy shut off I thought it was fried it's been running for 3 years now simply fine. So all PCs will crash. Just like any car will crash some are just more unlucky then others.

Chimaera said:
You copied my thread :/ And got more discussion :(
Sorry, I didn't know it was posted before. ;) And I'm not really saying there's anything wrong with Mac computers, its just that comic was funny, I saw it on another forum so I decided to post it here, didn't know it was posted before.

I didn't know about IMHO.... there are sites on Google with Internet slang or abbrevations too, go on 1 and learn everything, come back here and nobody will understand what your saying :D

root said:

I heard a funny story today from a guy who uses a Mac, (I'm his IT support), basically he's got a nice new mac laptop (had t for three weeks), but nothing on it works, it randomly locks up and crashes, asking to send error reports to apple (so yes you mac users are now all just beta testers as well... -suck it up!), then the error report function crashes as well.
he phoned the Mac support people (the apple support centre), and spoke to a guy who ummed, arrred and told him that he'd be just as well to just format the computer and start again...

today, he spent his afternoon trying to nurse his laptop back to health, only for the same errors to come back!

Not saying that Macs are crappy or anything... just saying that I've never had a brand new (or old actually) PC that locks up immediatly when windows (and no other applications) are installed.
Apple outsoucred the production of the MacBook Pro. They don't do a great job. The problem is that they used way TOO much thermal paste on the heatsink. So it over heats a lot. Solution is to open it up and fix it yourself. Apple isn't saying anything at the moment. At least the older Macs are better.

I'm not opening a £1500 laptop and scrapping out the gunk because a manufacturer did it wrong...

Personally I have nothing against macs, they work (90%) of the time really well, (though I find the same with PCs)...

my biggest problem with Macs are the users (or at least a vocal minority of users).
who try to push on the world how much better macs are.

(the ads on the aple website are just another thing to add to the list of why mac users think that their small colours box with a screen is so much better than the pc users small metal box with a screen...

I mean up until last year the little end architecture of the power PC was uncomprable much faster than any intel chip, macs were the absolute muts nuts of ultra fast computers...
until they wern't, and then they were using intel chips and raving on about how much faster it'd be when using intel chips...

and everyone raves about how great they look, but how many people still have an old emac sat in their fron room, pride of place with everything built into the tiny monitor... (pretty much no-body). no matter how nice the colour of the machine was!

Back
Top Bottom