Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #21
Daemon Poster

Default Re: The loose cannon

remember the holy war thread, that was so strange. If only you could kill ppl on the internet.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #22
BSOD

Maurice, may I again point out to you your lack of understanding of the written word, please re read the post and actually take the information in this time, I will repeat it for you in case you have missed the pertinent detail "I have never, ever, used that turn of phrase on this forum except in pm to one member".

Old 08-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #23
BSOD

I put the question to you Maurice, with all the negative feed back you are receiving in your position as Moderator, do you feel you are doing the position justice?? be honest now
do you feel like a fish out of water?

EDIT: I have 12+ accumulated years hosting in PC Chat help rooms on MSN, I still Admin 2 communities, I have a sufficient pc hardware knowledge to assist other people, what do you have to offer apart from sarcasm and a belligerent attitude?
Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #24
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

If you are banned for this, stating your opinion, ill walk out and wont look back. I know ive said it before, and it didnt happen, but for this, and you being such a good friend, its like "oh hell nah" if you get banned. (BTW I do mean perm) If its like a day thats not a big deal.

Anyways, I agree 100%. He means well, but hes 74, I mean seriously, his teen years were way different then ours, he just doesnt understand about us. Thats where the problem is, because he doesnt understand, he takes it all, and thinks its bad, so thus lock or ban.

Im sick of it myself, and there is nothing he can do to me. He even threatens to ban me; no possible. And when someone makes a point to him, he comes back with a commment like "Oh ive heard that before" or "Oh okay " Or one of those overlyused gay smilies.

He cant handle the truth, and he cant be the overly powerfull admin like he wishes.
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 08-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstar
I put the question to you Maurice, with all the negative feed back you are receiving in your position as Moderator, do you feel you are doing the position justice?? be honest now
do you feel like a fish out of water?

EDIT: I have 12+ accumulated years hosting in PC Chat help rooms on MSN, I still Admin 2 communities, I have a sufficient pc hardware knowledge to assist other people, what do you have to offer apart from sarcasm and a belligerent attitude?
That is a good question there. I also share the opinion that he doesn't do much justice for the position 'Moderator'.

Although to be fair, you don't really need much knowledge regarding comptuers in order to moderate a forum like this one, although that would mean you have no purpose here other than to moderate and maybe talk a bit in the social lounge..
Old 08-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #26
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
If you are banned for this, stating your opinion, ill walk out and wont look back. I know ive said it before, and it didnt happen, but for this, and you being such a good friend, its like "oh hell nah" if you get banned. (BTW I do mean perm) If its like a day thats not a big deal.

Anyways, I agree 100%. He means well, but hes 74, I mean seriously, his teen years were way different then ours, he just doesnt understand about us. Thats where the problem is, because he doesnt understand, he takes it all, and thinks its bad, so thus lock or ban.

Im sick of it myself, and there is nothing he can do to me. He even threatens to ban me; no possible. And when someone makes a point to him, he comes back with a commment like "Oh ive heard that before" or "Oh okay " Or one of those overlyused gay smilies.

He cant handle the truth, and he cant be the overly powerfull admin like he wishes.
Yes alot of the time you need someone younger to understand younger people as well, which can also be a problem here.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #27
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-

everyboady just calm down and start over, with relationships with mods... stop trying to get mods fired...
Old 08-03-2006, 03:07 PM   #28
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX

I gave my word to Deathstar, & now to you, I-WILL-N0T-PB-DEATHSTAR I can't put it plainer than that, can I??, in spite of our huge differences, he is still entitled to his opinions.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #29
Golden Master

I agree with Deathstar, hey brookfield, when did it become ok, to talk to a member by rank...Clikesot was just giving some good advice, and you think cause ur a mod, you know everything..

what is up vanilla face
Old 08-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #30
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
I gave my word to Deathstar, & now to you, I-WILL-N0T-PB-DEATHSTAR I can't put it plainer than that, can I??, in spite of our huge differences, he is still entitled to his opinions.
I apologize, I didnt see that.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Closed Thread