Lookin for a new DD

Half Evil

Golden Master
Basically this:

http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/1323650640.html

My reasoning is so......

My jeep soft top back window is thrashed and had to be thrown away. So I need to buy one new of those. But I really want a hard top.... and cant find one near me for under a grand. Also, I have under 10,000 miles on my tires. Probably close like 8,500. Maybe 9,000. The tread is already half gone. I thought they would last alittle longer, but they arent. Ive had them for a year, and I only expect them to last one more at MOST. And not to mention they sucked in the snow almost new with siping. The siping is now and and half tread they are bound to suck more.

Now, this Ford has a hard top (reason for a hard top is a sound system) and good tires with clean interior. Its got the small V8 which will get about the same economy as my 6cyl jeep.

Think this would be a good daily rig for the winter? Ive never even driven a Bronco before... so let me know lol.

I think its a good price. And going to test drive it monday.

Yes, those 5.0s are great engines, and those Broncos are great SUVs. My friends got a '76 Bronco with a 400, 33s, and duals out the sides with no cats. The thing is a BEAST. Get's through anything. Granted it gets 6-9 mpg, it's still a great truck.

I love Bronco's! Definitely sweets trucks but they have downsides. The first being that they're not fuel efficient at all. It will be much worse than your jeep. Secondly (and this might be a deal breaker) they start like shit in the winter. My dad owned one and my best friend had one and they acted the exact same way. You would go out and start it, let it run for 15 minutes to warm up then as soon as you put it in gear it stalls. You would have to rev the shit out of it to keep it from stalling for the first bit.

That being said, they're great bush trucks. My best friend had a 4" lift and 33's and he rarely had to put it in 4 wheel drive. It went everywhere and by that I mean straight up mountain passes, down narrow quad trails, through rivers, you name it.

Also about your jeep, I'm sure you know that the reason your tires are wearing so quickly is probably from all the roadway/highway driving. You simply can't expect mud terrain tires to not wear like that.

I love Bronco's! Definitely sweets trucks but they have downsides. The first being that they're not fuel efficient at all. It will be much worse than your jeep. Secondly (and this might be a deal breaker) they start like shit in the winter. My dad owned one and my best friend had one and they acted the exact same way. You would go out and start it, let it run for 15 minutes to warm up then as soon as you put it in gear it stalls. You would have to rev the shit out of it to keep it from stalling for the first bit.

That being said, they're great bush trucks. My best friend had a 4" lift and 33's and he rarely had to put it in 4 wheel drive. It went everywhere and by that I mean straight up mountain passes, down narrow quad trails, through rivers, you name it.

Also about your jeep, I'm sure you know that the reason your tires are wearing so quickly is probably from all the roadway/highway driving. You simply can't expect mud terrain tires to not wear like that.

Sounds like a dealer breaker to me.

Thats all I needed to know, thanks lol.

Oh, and I know they wear bad. Never expected them to be worse them damn super swampers....

BFG mud terrains usually last like 40k miles I thought.

That thing about starting bad, idk about that. We live in very cold climate here, and my friends 400 never had a problem. And that's a Big Block. The 302 shouldn't have a problem. And it wouldn't be just the Broncos. That 302 is used in; Broncos, Explorers, F-150s-350s, Crown Vics, Mustangs, Boats, Lincolns, + more I'm sure. It's a fairly reliable engine...
And about the stalling. Big engines usually need some time to warm up. I don' really know much about those trannys though.

But basically, if you had those problems with a Bronco, you should have them with any Ford truck, they all share the 302/351 platform.

Yet, I didn't say they don't start well. They definitely start fine in the cold but as I said they stall once you put them in gear which likely points to a transmission issue (or something related). If the tranny is cold the Bronco seems to stall when you engage it. I have only witnessed this happen with Broncos.

Maybe it's just some inherent problem with Broncos. Maybe there is a simple fix, who knows?

Oh, ok, my mistake, my friends bronco is an auto, so idk what's wrong then. I'm pretty sure all Ford trucks share the same manual trannys as Broncos, I know they do with auto.

Back
Top Bottom