look what i picked up for 10 bux!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this monitor for $10:
rayspb.jpg

15" crt, somewhat flat screen. Manufactured August of 1995. (using it right now, THE PAIN!)

Got this monitor for $50:
monitor20.jpg

19" crt, not flat at all. Can't remember when it was manufactured, as it died on me about a year ago. However it lasted for 2 1/2 years from the day I bought it to the day it died. (WAS using this before it died..)

Oh and speaking of a PS2.. mine was $80, not a signle issue. (got a regular playstation for about $25 back in 01.)

Oh and I got this for $15:
20-144-321-01.JPG

1gb ddr400, works flawless. (it was more of a gift from a friend that did not need it though. A deal like this does not come without some charity.)

$185:
nw-hd1_3.jpg

20gb walkman, retails for about $350 last I checked.

I got a 19" Mitsubishi CS-2058R TV for $20, I can't seem to find a pic on the internet and i'm not going to take a picture of it, too lazy.

Got about 50 FT of CAT5e and a phoebe switch for like $20.
OCT5SW.gif

I got a half kilometer of Cat5 for free (More if I want it too)
I got a spool of 6 wire Cat3
I got a big spool of 24 wire Cat3 for wiring like, entire streets
I got most of a PBX :) (Don't have the T1 card)

I should take some pics.

A networking switch.

The_Other_One said:
Haha...those monitors don't look like ones to be bragging about ^^;

Eh that may be true, but considering how much was spent to acquire them, who cares?

Jordan Pardy said:
Packard Bell? :( lol... That is the same monitor as my Nan had before she got a new computer... (the 15")

Haha, yeah. Packard Bell was originally an American radio manufacturer, later it was acquired by Teledyne. In 1986, some guy bought the Packard Bell name and made a computer company out of it. They were known for their low-cost, low-budget PC's, just like eMachines, but they had a reputation for low quality and poor reliability. Adding in to make things worse, they used parts that were especially hard to come by, making replacement/upgrading difficult or impossible. Things got so bad that they eventually withdrew from the US market entirely in 2000. However, they still remain as a popular brand in Europe, under Packard Bell Europe. In 2004, they revamped the company and started going into new markets and became the No. 1 computer manufacturer in Europe, even outselling Dell by over 1,800 PC's. They are wholly owned by NEC as of now.

Yeah, they're old. I remember one of my family's first PC's was a Packard Bell. It used those old CD drives that required you put your CD's into a case/tray thing and insert it in, instead of the current tray coming in and out.

Ahh...
that hackaday project could have been stolen from my very conciense...

I already made a portable Ipod shuffle charger that fits onto a keyring, (USB connector, Voltage regulator, and PP£ battery connector) all from maplin for about £2 (a lot cheaper, and more portable than the much larger 'portable' Ipod chargers that are already out there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom