Longest song you've ever heard!

Tommy Boy said:
man...that is nuts how long some of those songs are that you guys listen to. How can you do it?...I hate long songs, about 4-5 minutes is enough for me. I like heavy metal and all kinds but I can't stand a song that is 10-12 minutes long. The longest song I have ever heard is American Pie by Don McLean which is 11+ min long and I could barely stand to listen to that....lol

For you, I definately recommend Dream Theater, if you don't know them already. A lot of their songs are 5-20 minutes long, but unlike standard long songs where it's just droning noise or repetitive beats, the tempo or song will suddenly change, which keeps the song interesting and keeps your attention. Plus if you like Heavy Metal, I'm betting you'd like them. :)

Some of the classical shit they play at school in lessons....goes on for hours....literally//

god my music teacher sits and plays whole Sympthays to my class ... BORING!"! .. but hes a legend on piano

In History the idiot teacher used to play this classical crap, some of it went on for 2+ Hours.

Slayer said:
For you, I definately recommend Dream Theater, if you don't know them already. A lot of their songs are 5-20 minutes long, but unlike standard long songs where it's just droning noise or repetitive beats, the tempo or song will suddenly change, which keeps the song interesting and keeps your attention. Plus if you like Heavy Metal, I'm betting you'd like them. :)

thanks...I'll give them a listen
:)

I actually found the longest track I have on my computer, it's Free Floating Hostility by George Carlin at 19:25 followed by a hidden track on the CKY Volume 1 Album at 19:07

Back
Top Bottom