London Riots

and another piece of news:

loads of people are saying that this is the disaffected youth from poor backgrounds with nothing better to do and what should we expect from people with no money, no hopes and no education...

The first person to arrive in court was a 30 year old teacher:

BBC said:
The first person to appear before magistrates this morning, Alexis Bailey, 31, of Wye Street, Battersea, south London, was committed to Wood Green Crown Court, along with the majority of others. He pleaded guilty to burglary with intent to steal at Richer Sounds in Southend Road, Croydon on Monday. The BBC's Clive Coleman at Highbury Corner magistrates' court says his case is typical in that the magistrate committed him for sentence at the crown court. The reason for this is the magistrates' bench felt the riot was such an aggravating feature to the burglary that the crown court ought to sentence because they have additional powers. The magistrates felt that they had insufficient powers to sentence for a single count of burglary. They could only sentence for six months whereas that could be up to 10 years at the crown court.

police are also setting up a real rogues gallery instead of just one setup by normal people

Manchester:
Flickr: GMP-Wanted: *HOTLINE NUMBER 0800 092 0410*'s Photostream

and London:
London Disorder - Operation Withern - a set on Flickr

Here's something you might want to consider; if you live in the UK

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

Maybe they got some loot, let's make sure they get nothing else.

Certainly Not something I think we should be considering , ive heard round here the councils are thinking of evicting people convicted in rioting . Both of them are pretty bad ideas if you ask me

Evicting them will cost us all more in the long run as they are then forced to rent from the private sector and claim housing benefit to pay the private sector rents .Thats obviously assuming that the private sector actually wants to rent to these people . And if not where are they going to live then . Beside the point many of those convicted where young people who live with their parents , how would you justify making a whole family homeless for the actions of one

Taking their benefits from them would be ridiculous as well . Look at how much damage and destruction they caused when they where just involved in mindless looting . Imagine what would happen if you actually gave them a cause to be angry . ALso taking their benefits away will mean they have nothing at all and so if they turned to looting when they had something what do you think would stop them if they had nothing . Besides as my point above a lot of them where young people living with their parents again what benefits have they to take away

Now dont for one minute think im being liberal here I say throw the full force of the law at these people what they have done is despicable and completely unjustifiable . they should be punished for what they have done .it needs some serious thinking though about what has caused this and how to prevent it from happening in future . And I think the police should have been a lot harder on stopping it because from what I saw they basically chased them around all night and every time they dispersed them they just reappeared somewhere else and destroyed something else . (here in manchester at least)

Back
Top Bottom