London Riots

a Met armed officer shot dead a drug suspect who was brandishing a handgun at them, which for some reason requires a nationwide riot. It's just so people can get free rice really.

282503_203308159726103_203307959726123_578343_3135362_n.jpg

Why did he get Tesco value rice when he is getting it for free anyway?!?!?

That's my favourite picture from the "catch a looter" site... stealing value rice.
It's like 50p...

Is anyone actually in the affected areas?

I know that there are riots all over London now, (or at least there were) yesterday and plenty planned for today, (16,000 police deployed to one city seems to have stopped that though).

Some people from my companies office in London left early on hearing that riots were spreading towards their houses, (not sure what they were planning to do though).

but since then it's spread to Bristol (in the neighbourhood where I used to live).
and Leeds, Birmingham, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Reading and Oxford.

Though to be fair, in Oxford (where I live) the rioting was restricted to putting the window through and trying to burn a McDonalds and setting fire to a few cars.

in Milton Keynes, it's been a bunch of idiots wandering around trying to start something and mostly getting arrested.

woah... update.

A police station in Nottingham just got fire bombed. :(

In manchester-can hear a lot of police sirens and the helcopter , news reports saying ongoing rioting in the center of manchester im about a mile and a half out of the centre hoping it doesnt spread out to here

That's my favourite picture from the "catch a looter" site... stealing value rice.
It's like 50p...

Is anyone actually in the affected areas?

I know that there are riots all over London now, (or at least there were) yesterday and plenty planned for today, (16,000 police deployed to one city seems to have stopped that though).

Some people from my companies office in London left early on hearing that riots were spreading towards their houses, (not sure what they were planning to do though).

but since then it's spread to Bristol (in the neighbourhood where I used to live).
and Leeds, Birmingham, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Reading and Oxford.

Though to be fair, in Oxford (where I live) the rioting was restricted to putting the window through and trying to burn a McDonalds and setting fire to a few cars.

in Milton Keynes, it's been a bunch of idiots wandering around trying to start something and mostly getting arrested.

woah... update.

A police station in Nottingham just got fire bombed. :(

There's a town like 5 minutes away from where I live and it's all kicking off down there. :/

what town is that?

and are you sure it's not just a rumour?

I has heard via rumour earlier that it's really kicked off in Milton Keynes, like they'd broken into and were looting the shopping centre...

but according to the police it's not Twitter (just a handful of arrests, a completely unrelated fire)

Rumours are rife, think about it this way, the police helicopters are out all the time. seeing a police helicopter could mean anything. the infrared camera help identify hotspots in fires, help find normal burglars, help in car chases help search for people that are lost, attend road accidents etc...

but what with the news of riots being all over the place at the moment loads of people are quick to assume that there must be a riot... and that rumour spreads really quickly...

definatley know of unrest here , one of my friends lives in an apartment in the city centre said he saw them looting a shop from his window and the police have released statements saying they are dealing with unrest , 47 arrests so far here

what town is that?

and are you sure it's not just a rumour?

I has heard via rumour earlier that it's really kicked off in Milton Keynes, like they'd broken into and were looting the shopping centre...

but according to the police it's not Twitter (just a handful of arrests, a completely unrelated fire)

Rumours are rife, think about it this way, the police helicopters are out all the time. seeing a police helicopter could mean anything. the infrared camera help identify hotspots in fires, help find normal burglars, help in car chases help search for people that are lost, attend road accidents etc...

but what with the news of riots being all over the place at the moment loads of people are quick to assume that there must be a riot... and that rumour spreads really quickly...

No it's true they set some shop on fire, it was like 20 chavs that just went around throwing things, not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom