London bombing, one year on.

I may or may not have mentioned this before, but this is seriously the freakiest thing that ever really happened as far as terrism affecting my life in a personal way goes..

about three years ago my girlfriends dad set off to work in rihad as a security contracter, he has never been late for or missed a plane in his life.
yet on this particular day he did actually miss his plane, which turns out for the best as the compound that he was due to be staying in was the target of a suicide bomber and was destroyed (in part) later that day, thankfully as he had just missed the plane he wasn't in the building at the time.

as if that's not freaky enough... the reason he'd missed the plane was because another person had a heart attack whilst driving a lorry and had crashed his lorry into a bridge and died... a friend of mine (at the time his daughter was going out with my girlfriends brother I think), said that he knew they guty who'd had the heart attack and it was a guy who he worked with (as he was a lorry driver as well)...
-just goes to show what a small world it is...

I do know plenty of people who were due to be in london that day, and a few people who'd literally just left some tube stations when it all happened.

it's scary to think how close this is to all our lives. even when we sit in the relative comfort and security of our own homes.

ArrizX said:
Wasnt as bad as the Twin Towers, but it came just as swift. Its scary to think its literally any time any where..

That's because the World Trade Center's Twin Towers were one of the most iconic buildings in America. The London bombing is still just as bad, because no one expected it.

I feal plenty safe because I live in a small town no where near any majore citys and have no family in majore citys,but if I did id be scared every day of a 911 repeat

King of Kings said:
I feal plenty safe because I live in a small town no where near any majore citys and have no family in majore citys,but if I did id be scared every day of a 911 repeat
Same here, but parts of Canada are put on orange danger zones now because people got sent here after 9/11 and the town 'helped america' so now the countries and people that hate america, hate my town. :(

i flew in from egypt on the 7/7 last year... and i was on the tube in london the week before. one of the dead came from my town, i didnt know her personally, but she lived close to me.

man, landing at heathrow was freaky. armed guards everywhere, like egypt..

to make it even more freaky, sharm el sheikh was blown up about 2 weeks after i got back, and the hotel which got bombed was next to the one i was staying in.

I watched the documentary on the guy who lost his legs because he was sitting opposite the bomber who actually saw him reach into his bag to detonate it. I found it rather moving because of his determination to carry on life.

Has everyone seen that video from the bomber released the day before?

Back
Top Bottom