Lol, Newegg

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
I was looking at how AMD's processors have really dropped a ton in price lately, then I stumbled across this free gift that Newegg was offering with the purchase of an Athlon 3800. An AMD pencil holder. Then I read the reviews...haha. I found a few of them quite funny. Some of the names of the reviews are pretty strange, but one of the funny things is that almost everyone said that they "found this review helpful" for every review.

In other news, congratulations Oregon State fans on beating my least favorite team in college football. BEAVER NATION! And for you USC fans, sorry. I know how a big loss feels cough Auburn Arkansas cough.

troy272 said:
ha ha, i might have to get one of those pencil holders :)

The fans are a bit loud, but if they overclock well, it's well worth it. :D :p Those guys are strange :p

Hahaha

Cons: doesn't whisper sweet nothings into my ear

Pros: Setup was a breeze, seems durable. Looks very high tech. Every one at the office wants one, but they all just gather, stare and dream that one day they too could be that cool.

Cons: The tape on the box may be a challenge for those who rode the short bus.

They're talking about the pencil holder.....lol

i love this one

6/27/2006 2:03:42 PM THIS THING IS A BEAST!

Pros: What can I say... THIS THING IS A BEAST! Overclocked this badboy at got a good 30% increase in preformance, at a higher voltage/temperature that is. Well worth it, I'm buying 6 more ASAP!

Cons: At 15,000 RPM this thing gets HOT. Stock cooling won't do, I had to use 4 120mm fans to keep it at 30c.

After reading the reviews, it was mixed in with the actual CPU and the pencil holder. That's why we got some strange sounding reviews in regards to the AMD pencil holder, because it comes with the CPU.

TRDCorolla said:
After reading the reviews, it was mixed in with the actual CPU and the pencil holder. That's why we got some strange sound reviews in regards to the AMD pencil holder, because it comes with the CPU.

But just about all of them that are stupid like that appear to be joking. The only questionable one I saw was the one Ronco posted, but I could tell (s)he was kidding because they said they got it 15K RPM, and I'm pretty sure that CPUs don't spin. :D They seemed to know what they were reviewing under, because all of the longer reviews say something about it keeping their pencils cool, or about them modding the pencil case, etc. Post the one(s) you're referring to, because I must have overlooked them. :D

Still, even if they are, it's funny that they are stupid enough to review it under the pencil holder, and not the CPU itself.

Wait, CPU's don't spin? Then why is... OMG I'm Shutting Down Right Now!!!

Back
Top Bottom