Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen
Default A little Warning

Please can people stop brining up old threads becuase we are fed up with it. Some of the ones brought up so far are from over a year ago and we dont want this.

Thanks

Old 10-09-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
BSOD

Some people do it by mistake. It happens from when people post in threads where htey find in that section "Similar Threads" that shows olds threads, and members post not realized the date of the thread.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen
Default Re: A little Warning

Yes, i know and i think thats half of the problem, well then everyone if you are going to do this please can you check the date, ill have a little word with david sometime about this issue.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
BSOD

Why not remove the "Similar threads" thing, because most likely they'll be old threads.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Yes, i might ask david if we can limit it to threads in the last two weeks or something that will stop really old threads coming up.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #6
BSOD

Yeah that'll be good idea
Old 10-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

ok, do you think i should move this to the suggestions forum?
Old 10-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #8
BSOD

Yes please do so
Old 10-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

but......I think that an old thread is okay to bring up if someone finds a thread that a problem hasn't been resolved and this person has a solution that might work that noone has mentioned yet. the person who posted it might see it and their problem might get solved because of it. I don't think it should matter what the date is on the thread.
now the general conversation threads in the social lounge, that is a different story, those should not be brought up, but as for the tech threads in the other sections, I don't think it should matter. Just my opinion

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Old 10-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy
but......I think that an old thread is okay to bring up if someone finds a thread that a problem hasn't been resolved and this person has a solution that might work that noone has mentioned yet. the person who posted it might see it and their problem might get solved because of it. I don't think it should matter what the date is on the thread.
now the general conversation threads in the social lounge, that is a different story, those should not be brought up, but as for the tech threads in the other sections, I don't think it should matter. Just my opinion
Yes, 'hardware' threads are acceptable to bring up