A little question

so i can just leave my computer on for the night
it was going pretty fast until about 10

They proberbly throttle BitTorrent at peak hours. Try Enabling Encryption in uTorrent (I'm assuming that's what your using). This wont help with your speed, but if your downloading... semi-legal things, or you just down want companies to find out what your downloading - get PeerGuardian.

it kinda depends on your connection, and the connections of the peers and seeds you are connected to. You can only go as fast as they are willing to upload.
you cant finish the torrent if there is no seeds.

When you are downloading your Linux ISO's.... (heh), I'd order the search by the number of seeds. Normally makes for the Fastest download speeds, and the higher reliability

OP
Whats there to discuss? If you need Linux...be my guest and torrent it...if you need backup cd's but not cracks go ahead...but whats there to really discuss lol??

To get a higher speed you need to set DS and US to unlimited and have seeders. Make sure no firewalls are interfering as well.

I found out already lol. And then i got a virus from it and i did a fresh install because i am getting a new MOBO and everything

stay away from torrenting man.. charter just mailed me another letter, hopefully they dont pursue my case

stay away from torrenting man.. charter just mailed me another letter, hopefully they dont pursue my case

Did you go over your bandwidth? I doubt they will pursue you however being a second letter.. never know, did the letter just tell you to delete w/e you downloaded and not to seed it?

Back
Top Bottom