linux on ps3

esa193

Fully Optimized
getting a ps3 this weekend for mad cheep =P
any one have linux on it i just have a few questions

Can you get linux on it?!?

EDIT:
oh nice did a little searching. Found you can get linux on it shweeet!
Unlike the psp there is no risk of "bricking" the system. That is a relief!
I may try this when I get home.

info: www.ps3linuxworld.com

ya i new you could

i just wanted to no if u could also upgrade while on linux and you can
sony fully supports 3rd party os

ya i new you could

i just wanted to no if u could also upgrade while on linux and you can
Sony fully supports 3rd party os

Which is freaking awesome! It's not like Sony to allow anything that doesn't have Sony written all over it.

how so?
being that your installing onto a separate partition i cant see how unless your trying to mod sonys firmware

actually the ps3 is VERY brickable..trust me. From experience.

What are you talking about? Like the other guy said unless you are modding the actual Firmware you are not going to brick anything. Press and hold the power button and the default firmware will load.

ya haha
cant wait to get it
what good games r there besides Resistance and medal gear that rnt on pc o xbox

ya haha
cant wait to get it
what good games r there besides Resistance and medal gear that rnt on pc o xbox

Killzone 2

That should keep you busy for a while. Shoot me a invite when you get you're accout setup.

I have not been on much between school and work but I do get on a few days throughout the week.

I thought about the whole linux thing but I decided their was no real point in doing it. I mainly was going to do it for a friend because he didn't have a home pc. But I never got around to it. Just get the special yellow dog version if you want to try it.

And to the person talking about bricking that's impossible. Even if you did manage to brick it you just have to pull the hard drive and re format it.

Back
Top Bottom