Linux

What distro is that? I'm using FC10 at the moment and think its excellent.

That looks like Ubuntu version something. I am not sure which one. I am also on Fedora 10, soon to go to 11. I am also a Fedora Ambassador if anyone needs help I can help them.

That looks pretty nice man. I've debated about installing Linux but I never saw what the hype was about. But I may just give it a try now.

My buddy just gave me a spare 160GB Sata hard drive to install a copy of Leopard OSX on. Maybe I'll just do a 80/80 partition and experiment with a Linux distro also.

Which version would you guys recommend checking out?

It is Linux Mint 6 Felicia.

The bar I have on the bottom is called AWN, to get it just search “awn-manager” and “avant-window-navigator” on Synaptic.

The geeky config file I have in bottom right is called Conky. Find it, enjoy it.

I wish I could show you the stuff that you can do with compiz fusion, but I do not have any screen recording devices. I'll settle with a video then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

Using ubuntu 9.04 atm. I like that you don't have to use the terminal for everything but still alot of things need it. That is just a big waste of time when trying to install things.

for me it's like this

installing a program

Windows computer: download file click the setup then the program gets installed really easy.

linux computer: Download file, search google for how to install it or ask in a linux forum then wait for a reply then install the program.

So right now I have vista and ubuntu on my computer as well as test other distros in a virtual machine to learn more about them.

I Dual xp and ubuntu 8.10. I love Ubuntu EVERYTHING is customizable.

The only thing that is pissing me off.. Is the window height. On the Eee 1000HE the window height is funky.. I have been looking around but can't really find a fix.

Back
Top Bottom