Lifting

freestyler105

Golden Master
I have no idea why I'm asking this in a computer forum, but whatever, some of you guys are into like fitness and stuff...

Anyway, when lifting weights, do you build up more muscle mass doing less reps of more weight or more reps of less weight? Why?

More reps less weight I believe, it gives your muscles a better workout then killing them with a huge weight.

Low reps = strength
med reps = building
high reps = endurance, general fitness

If your wanting to build mass then go 6-10 reps, i personally hit 8 reps

Thanks, I usually do sets of around 10 reps of 100 lbs. bench press (I max out at 130), so I'm around there somewhere.

freestyler105 said:
Thanks, I usually do sets of around 10 reps of 100 lbs. bench press (I max out at 130), so I'm around there somewhere.
Well if ya growing, stick with it. As soon as ya stop making progress then mix it up a bit, with different rep ranges, exercises, etc to shock the muscle again

Raffaz said:
Well if ya growing, stick with it. As soon as ya stop making progress then mix it up a bit, with different rep ranges, exercises, etc to shock the muscle again
Yeah, I do stuff like push-ups and such too, plus dumbbells sometimes.

If ya wanna pack decent size on then concentrate on ya compound movements, like squats, deadlifts, rows, etc. Oh and dont forget to eat loads, ya cant grow if ya dont eat enough.

it is high reps, med weight for muscle toning, and low reps, huge weight for muscle building. high reps and low weight is for fat burning.

yeah its defentally more reps less weight, as you do more your muscles expand some and allow you to add more weight as you advance

^^
more reps less weight=toning and endurance
low reps high weight=muscular strength

Back
Top Bottom