Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
BSOD

Default life decision

well,im a purple belt in karate. I quit about 2 years ago. iv been kinda missing it lately and considering the possable idea of going back.itd only be 1 more belt and then id be black belt. I dont know. itd be 2 or 3 days a week,with 2 hour practis's.im just not sure : /
if I did go back it wouldent be hard at all to snap back because I went from karate to wrestling so im still in shape,but im not sure if im ready for the commitment.gah!

King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: life decision

Fail to see how this is a major decision of any importance. You either do it or you don't. Do you want the black belt, then do it, if you don't then don't fairly simple.............

Old 07-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Well you need to figure out wheither you enjoy it enough to go back and make that kind of commitment. What was the reason you quit?

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jon. Send a message via Yahoo to Jon.

Screw karate, go into kickboxing.

Karate really won't do much for you, unless you're at like Jet Lees level (Don't even think that's karate)
Old 07-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
BSOD

karate actually does help........and jet lie is jeet kune do. and it is a life decison nik because its a full commitment. I quit because I just grew out of it because I went so long
Old 07-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Quote:
Karate really won't do much for you, unless you're at like Jet Lees level (Don't even think that's karate)
LMAO! Igornant statement. My friend and me were once walking home after a big football game. We had gotten jumped, he stuided all kinds of martial arts, including Karate. I was knocked out almost immediatly. He on the other hand won the fight with a 3 v 1 odds.

If he wouldn't of known what he was doing in the best case, i'd of lost all my money, and had to replace everything. worst case i'd be dead (however unlikely considering I don't think they would have the maturity to do such a thing)
Old 07-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #7
BSOD

see,dontchya hate it when they say something they dont know?

good thing ur friend knew his stuff : )
Old 07-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

Martial Arts isn't something you just do at random for a hobby when you want to. It is a lifelong commitment, that one must take in order to truly master the art and benefit from it.

I started 15 years ago, and am just as much into the art now as I was 15 years ago.

If you don't commit yourself to the art your learning, Yes, in a lifelike experience, It's useless. If you commit yourself to the art like I chose to do, then, In any lifelike experience your art can be deadly and quite effective.

If one just goes to get the belt and say, Hey, I have a blackbelt, they are only fooling themselves, because it takes years, and years to truly "Master" an art and apply effective in lifelike experiences.

If you just want to get back into it to get your blackbelt, I say stop wasting your time and find something else of interest to do.
AmericanSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #9
BSOD

like...........kung fu!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Fail to see how this is a major decision of any importance. You either do it or you don't. Do you want the black belt, then do it, if you don't then don't fairly simple.............
yeah i agree. i don't see how this is a life decision, no one is holding a gun to your head. you either like to do karate or you don't want to. personally i would stick with it. i mean why would you not want to get a black belt if you had gotten that far.

Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote