Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-03-2004, 01:00 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,111
Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: Lies

Don't have a point? Hmm. My point is, members around here have started to dread Political threads around here because of the flaming it causes. I'm not saying that the flaming is 100% your fault, if I was biased as you say I am, then I wouldn't see that the flames are at the fault of others too. It's not just you. But you do frequently make statements like "You're an idiot". "You shouldn't be here". "You're stupid". How is that in anyway encouraging others to post their opinions? How is that making others feel like posting again? Look in the last thread - within the first page, people were already stating that it was only going to encourage a flame war.

Debate all you wish. To your hearts content. Even I (a "biased" Moderator) know full well that most things you post in threads while debating is 100% correct - but the rude comments that come with those facts, are not in anyway necesary.
__________________

Slayer is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:01 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
135791's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: No
Posts: 5,427
Send a message via MSN to 135791
Default Re: Lies

my own little world were "your an idiot" and "shut up" are not insults

right....
__________________

135791 is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:01 PM   #13
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
Don't have a point? Hmm. My point is, members around here have started to dread Political threads around here because of the flaming it causes. I'm not saying that the flaming is 100% your fault, if I was biased as you say I am, then I wouldn't see that the flames are at the fault of others too. It's not just you. But you do frequently make statements like "You're an idiot". "You shouldn't be here". "You're stupid". How is that in anyway encouraging others to post their opinions? How is that making others feel like posting again? Look in the last thread - within the first page, people were already stating that it was only going to encourage a flame war.
I am not flaming, damn it. I merely provide sources to back myself up. You are just biased towards the "victims" here who have done the flaming themselves. You are wrong in saying I frequently make those statements. I've done it once or twice, and for that I apologize. However people in here are more to blame then me.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:02 PM   #14
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Lies

Then ban me.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,111
Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
I am not flaming, damn it. I merely provide sources to back myself up. You are just biased towards the "victims" here who have done the flaming themselves. You are wrong in saying I frequently make those statements. I've done it once or twice, and for that I apologize. However people in here are more to blame then me.
I do not deny that you back yourself up with correct sources. I said that in my previous post. I know that what you say in your posts are correct. However, where do negative statements like "You shouldn't even be here" "You're an idiot" count as sources?

I also said that I realise that you are not the only one at fault for it.

Thank you for apologizing, and I also apologise for confronting you like this, however, all I want is for the negative comments to stop - that's all.
Slayer is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default

Okay giancarlo, here are some posts from Respectful Debate. Let me show you how you SHOULD have put them to not harm anyone:

Quote:
You are the one who displays immense ignorance and stupidity. You don't know what this world is really about.
You should have said:

I think that you are displaying ignorance and mild stupidity on this topic. I don't think you really know what you are talking about.

See the difference?

Quote:
You are nothing more then a traitor.
In my opinion, you are a traitor

That's how you should have said it

Quote:
You are the one with mindless opinions and you have no credibility. Your opinions are quite, wrong in reality.
Once again: You should have said:

I think you are stating mindless opinions and in my opinion, you have no credibility whatsoever in this topic. I think your opinions are wrong.

Quote:
You are ignorant to the reality. You are small minded, simple minded and dumb.
Once again: I think you are ignorant on this topic of reality. I think you are small minded, and dumb. My opinions on this are that you should do some research first.


You catch my flow? If you made those changes, I'm sure everyone would respect you more...
__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:49 PM   #17
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Okay giancarlo, here are some posts from Respectful Debate. Let me show you how you SHOULD have put them to not harm anyone:
Let me just say, those were only a few cases and I apologize for those. But seriously you need to check your own alleigances and beliefs.

Quote:

You should have said:

I think that you are displaying ignorance and mild stupidity on this topic. I don't think you really know what you are talking about.

See the difference?
Nope. I don't take advice from you. You are not one that should be listened to.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:50 PM   #18
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
I do not deny that you back yourself up with correct sources. I said that in my previous post. I know that what you say in your posts are correct. However, where do negative statements like "You shouldn't even be here" "You're an idiot" count as sources?

I also said that I realise that you are not the only one at fault for it.

Thank you for apologizing, and I also apologise for confronting you like this, however, all I want is for the negative comments to stop - that's all.
I have apologized for those few comments I shouldn't have made, but the overwhelming majority of my comments are respectful but criticizing. I'll confront you back if you even think about confronting me.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #19
BSOD
 
Masahiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,896
Default Re: Lies

Quote:
Nope. I don't take advice from you. You are not one that should be listened to.
That's another one of those insulting comments.........
Masahiro is offline  
Old 12-03-2004, 02:05 PM   #20
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Lies

It isn't an insult.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0