Library computers

Would you like to see your local library devote more resources to the Internet?

I already know that bookstores are getting competition from Ebooks. I'm just wondering
if libraries should emphasize the internet over hardcover books rather than the other way around (as I've been witnessing at several libraries).

What do you think?

Re: Would you like to see your local library devote more resources to the Internet?

It's a f*cking library. What do you think?

what use would there be in starting a new thread?
why not just continue the discussion here?

and if the discussion here stops, it's probably because nobody has anything else to say on the subject.

It's a f*cking library. What do you think?
there's just no need for this abuse.

whilst I agree that the guy has started more than his fair share of useless threads if you don't like it, don't post in them.

if you continue to follow the guys every thread leaving sarcasm and abuse you'll soon find that you're unable to post.

My local library has both books and internet access, as it should. Books will never be obsolete any more than the knife. It doesn't require power, and always works when you pick it up, assuming that it has had proper care. I frequently read using a Kindle. It's great for many books and PDFs from the internet or elsewhere. But, some books are so much better on paper.

LOL, my averaged sized library uses Dell computers.

Due to the response I'm getting, I'm going to do a new thread with a poll to see how many prefer a library devoted to the internet as opposed to one with hardcover books.
I Just use the computers there for study purposes only...

what use would there be in starting a new thread?
why not just continue the discussion here?

and if the discussion here stops, it's probably because nobody has anything else to say on the subject.

there's just no need for this abuse.

whilst I agree that the guy has started more than his fair share of useless threads if you don't like it, don't post in them.

if you continue to follow the guys every thread leaving sarcasm and abuse you'll soon find that you're unable to post.

I'll make my own points regarding 01001010. He doesn't post any threads of his own, just hangs around looking for people like me to make sarcastic remarks.

It would be nice for him to give us an idea what he thinks are worthwhile threads. In the meantime, nobody is holding a gun to his head telling him to follow my threads nor anyone else for that matter, let alone posting a**hole remarks reminding me of what a 6th grader would say.

It's been said that about 20% of proposed ideas are the really worthwhile ones. It's hard to tell in advance what will happen when I post a new thread, but I'm not intimidated by the likes of 01001010 who should be trying to make contributions instead of trying to tear someone down.

Keep in mind two things: one man's treasure can be another's garbage and there's always plenty to say which is what a social lounge is for, to exchange ideas and to learn as well as to relax.

I'll make my own points regarding 01001010. He doesn't post any threads of his own, just hangs around looking for people like me to make sarcastic remarks.

It would be nice for him to give us an idea what he thinks are worthwhile threads. In the meantime, nobody is holding a gun to his head telling him to follow my threads nor anyone else for that matter, let alone posting a**hole remarks reminding me of what a 6th grader would say.

It's been said that about 20% of proposed ideas are the really worthwhile ones. It's hard to tell in advance what will happen when I post a new thread, but I'm not intimidated by the likes of 01001010 who should be trying to make contributions instead of trying to tear someone down.

Keep in mind two things: one man's treasure can be another's garbage and there's always plenty to say which is what a social lounge is for, to exchange ideas and to learn as well as to relax.
He Is quite a jerk... JCB Or Someone should ban him...

He Is quite a jerk... JCB Or Someone should ban him...
Says the guy with an avatar that says, "yousuck."

Have you guys ever looked at your rep bars? There is a reason they are in red. 01001010 posts a lot of useful stuff. What we've been asking you a million times Comp Exploder, is if you have a simple question, post it in the Random Chit Chat thread! It was created for that exact reason. If you have something worth talking about then a new thread is fine, after all, it is the social lounge. But when it's something like, "My library has more books than computers, how about yours?" It probably doesn't need a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom