Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-12-2016, 07:42 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default lhuser now has a Youtube channel, and it's all computing!

Well, well, well. Isn't it time to tell you about what I've been doing for the past...I don't know...6 years? Well, I've been working hardcore on a Youtube channel, and since this place is all about computing, and we did have that before here, why don't I introduce you to that said channel?

I have Linux distro reviews, computer reviews, product reviews, I'm implementing the bi-weekly MunchPak reviews and quite possibly some parodies (you know...kniaoledge)

Check it out; feedback is always welcome:

https://www.youtube.com/user/lhuser

Old 11-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Linux lovers

Not interested in people's youtube channels really. I have used it for certain things like manufacturers tutorials though.
Amateur videos are just crap.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:20 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

This forum is for everyone who's interested in computers young and old. You don't like it?

Get lost.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
Golden Master

If you have nothing better to say then keep your comments to yourself.

Now, watching one of your older videos about upgrades and a space you made for yourself, really good.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #5
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celery View Post
This forum is for everyone who's interested in computers young and old. You don't like it?

Get lost.
I didn't say I was interested in computers, just not in amateur videos, there is a huge difference, and there are forums for amateur videographers, this isn't one of them.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

It's still about computers mate. He thought we'd be interested and we are. I watched a couple of his videos.

If you have nothing nice to say keep it to yourself.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:15 AM   #7
Golden Master

Indeed, they are designed for these types of forums. Plus, it's already been done here before, where we had podcasts and even a Youtube channel, but it went away silently, so I am giving an opportunity to give everyone that extra media we once had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123
If you have nothing better to say then keep your comments to yourself.

Now, watching one of your older videos about upgrades and a space you made for yourself, really good.
Thanks for the feedback bud, means a lot! Well, indeed I did have to convert my office to a studio, not only after my mother passing in 2015, but to make it more efficient as well. I still have to work on some few things in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician
I didn't say I was interested in computers, just not in amateur videos, there is a huge difference, and there are forums for amateur videographers, this isn't one of them.
You're not quite getting the point; these videos are far from being amateur. They once were at the beginning, but do know that I forked money for two camcorders, two tripods and all these product reviews are all funded by me. Any revenue that comes from my channel goes DIRECTLY to my channel, period.
You should definitely check out any videos that have the Longhorn logo and text for thumbnails. Do understand that DSLR cameras and high end microphones are expensive and I still am trying to invest in a capture card (the one that goes in your machine), so my camcorders will keep on filming until I get there.

Just a quick FYI; most popular and professional Youtubers did start by amateur videos, but kept getting better and better, so you kind of have to consider this mate.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

Default Re: lhuser now has a Youtube channel, and it's all computing!

Every one has to start somewhere and you did it. Good job.

Smores pancake anyone?
Old 11-13-2016, 07:35 AM   #9
Golden Master

Thanks bud, much appreciated!
Old 11-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #10
BSOD

They are amateur if there is no professional director, editor, producer and production company.
Buying a couple camcorders and a mic does not make it a professional video studio mate.

A 'professional youtuber' is a far cry from a legitimate motion picture production company, that's all I am saying. I personally don't care for spending time watching them, it's not about you, it's a personal opinion is all.
Don't get so mad.

I am sure that what you do is perfectly acceptable for youtube. Maybe even the best there is on youtube.

I do know that any product you review I could just buy it and try it out myself and if I like it, keep it and if I don't I just ship it back at Amazon's expense and get something different. I prefer to try things myself to watching someone else say what they think of it. I often disagree completely with the reviews of an item, sometimes I love a poorly reviewed product and other times I hate one that was all 5 star reviews.

Keep up the good work as I am sure there are people that like youtube videos.