Lets stop being tight *** and start living

Status
Not open for further replies.
root said:
that's the point... where do we draw the line?
sexism, racism and homophobia is out of bounds?
why? I've heard plenty of racist sexist homophobic jokes that I've found hilarious...
can I make jokes about terrorism, 9/11, people dying etc? you might find it funny, but that might be because these things don't happen to you. I have enough responsibility to not make these jokes.

the point is this...

and I'll try to make this as clear as possible...

1, yes, I agree that things can seem a little up tight around here, but there is a good reason for that.

if you make sexist, racist or gay jokes DJ-CHRIS is going to be offended, (he's already written that).
if you talk about taking away american rights, (specifically right to bear arms) Seti is going to be offended.
if you mock the american way of life, Jon. will be offended.
if you fill your posts with cuss words Brookfield will be offended.
if you get posts about drugs Nate will be offended (he's not on his own on this, I have recieved PM's about my views on drugs displayed here before from others that were offended).

nobody should have to feel offended by what they see here.

2, This shouldn't be about the mods clearing up after your mistakes, this should be ablout personal responsibility, IMO if you're responsible enough to be allowed onto the internet then you should be responsible enough to know that the internet is accessible by lots of different people, and you should have the personal responsibility to be adult enough not to offend them...

Ladies and gents of CF, lets grow up and start taking some responsibility for what we post.

It's not the jokes that really harm. Their are boundary lines for everything.

I've found tons of gay jokes, race jokes, and sex jokes funny. It mainly depends on the tone, as quite a few people here these issues would not be a joke, they'd have radical right wing views such as "women should be forced to stay home and look after their children", "being gay is a choice" and "black people are all criminals". These are extreme and would not be considered a joke.

As long as I don't think people something in a harmful hating way, I don't really get offended at jokes.

Of course we know that Nik is known for making these kinds of threads, he likes to stir up trouble.

DJ-CHRIS said:
they'd have radical right wing views such as ..."being gay is not a choice" and "black people are all criminals"...
Ahh... I see...

I thought being Gay wasn't a choice, and it was the right wings who claimed that being gay was a choice? never mind..

the second one makes me chuckle just a little...

so you mean to say that people on here can activly say that this country is going to the dogs, cause of all the people from fuck-knows-where-istan comming here, it's fine to talk about the iraq war and muslims as terrorists, so long as we don't be racist to black people, (I assume that there are some black people here)...
(people have had these conversations all within the last week. I am amazed at the amount of racism that I see on this forum).

the trouble is that the conversations can't always be so obvisouly biased...

nobody gave a rats arse when people are making jokes about Iraq or saying that they should all be left to die, saying that all mulims are potential religious fanatics, saying that people deserved to die, suggesting all old women muslims could be suicide bombers, saying that they shouldn't be in our country, saying that they are only here to get our tax money... (all said seriously).

yet, there was uproar when someone posted a joke about America?

as I said, people here need to grow up and take responsibility for what they write...

I said before I don't care what people write... the only reason I edit posts is to keep the peace around here... if you really want an open season to be able to post whatever you like whenever you like, then this isn't the place for you. -there are forums out there that let you post whatever you like...
(and these are the places that are filled with the right wing fundamentalists).

there is very little freedom of speech around here, you are censored for good reasons.

if you don't like it, for most of you the exits will be marked with a small red cross towards the top right hand side of the window. you can consider it a press here in emergency spot?

Honestly, i'm probably about as offensive as root claims to be in real life.

Personally, the only reason I don't fly off the handle and spew satanic vulgarities is because people around here don't take that well.. only thing I hate is, that all those forums out there which are open to this sort of thing.. are full of idiots.

There is just no such thing as a forum full of open minded and mature people.

Tommy Boy said:
Of course we know that Nik is known for making these kinds of threads, he likes to stir up trouble.
Don't I know it, I'm losing my patience with him, one abravise thread after another, & I'm not the only mod who thinks this, but there is no mechanism in place to stop him, & he knows it, so they go on until they run out of steam, or if there's too many arguments & bad language flying about, I ask the contributors if they think it's gone too far, & should be closed, asking at least one member, + one mod for opinions.

it's german... it means locked...

but the thread isn't...

or wasn't until now...

root said:
so you mean to say that people on here can activly say that this country is going to the dogs, cause of all the people from fuck-knows-where-istan comming here

meh, UK did have a point when he said this.. its true..

let me explain myself here.. i am not racist, but i do get pissed off with illegal immigrants, when they come over here, and expect to be paid for by the state, out of my taxes, thats what annoys me.. if they come over here, and make an honest living, i have no problem with that (2 out of the 4 workers in my workshop are from africa, one from south africa and the other from zimbabwe, now, i have absolutley no problem with that because they are earning an honest living, but the illegals who come over here, and sponge off the state, thats when it gets annoying.. but the only reason why we are in that situation is the labour government, they have opened us up for this, which is one reason why i say i support the BNP, and their viewpoints.. if they come over to make an honest living, absolutley no problems.. kudos for them.. its helping the country.

the john cleese thing was a joke.. pure and simple, and anyone with any intelligence could tell from the tone that it was not meant to be serious, it was meant as a joke, pure and simple.. i thought that it would be okay, because the person i got it off was an american and found it great.. but i should have known, and will rember for the future, that some people have no sense of humour, and cannot take a little joke.

:rolleyes:

edit.. sorry, didnt realise this was closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom