Lets play name that part!

looks like a fuel injector radial fan water cooler alternator thingamajig.

Idk what it is, but if its bad, I'de replace it.

looks like its just a vacuum line, that plastic part they probably dont even sell anymore, just find out the inner diameter of the hose and replace that section with a new vacuum line from the local parts store.

**easy way to fix it, just buy a package of these, assorted sizes. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...+tubing+connector+assortment&brandName=Dorman

then buy some vacuum end caps and cap off the open nipple that sticks out of the connector since youll only be using two sides of it not three. rubber caps - http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca....+each+size+3/16+and+1/4+in.&brandName=Dorman

Do you think that could have any relation to it not starting? Cause it wont start and i noticed that that was broken. Im kinda hoping that it will start if i fix that lol

Oh and i also noticed that on the bottom of that little black circle thing, it doesn't go anywhere. Theres no line going anywhere. If that makes sense. It kinda just has a little stub on the bottom

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7957/img20100606172109.jpg

Do you think that could have any relation to it not starting? Cause it wont start and i noticed that that was broken. Im kinda hoping that it will start if i fix that lol

nah i seriously doubt it, if anything its causing a small vacuum leak which may cause it to idle higher.

but if its not starting just check things one at a time.

there are three things needed for combustion, air, fuel, and spark.

its most likely getting air unless a family of squirrels is living in your intake.

check for fuel, fuel pressure, fuel injector pulse.

and also check for spark with a spark tester. check the condition of the cap and rotor, is it cracked? check the coil, coil wires. make sure youve got good enough battery voltage.

check all your fuses!! it maybe something dumb like a fuel pump fuse or relay.

easy way to check the fuel pump relay. swap the fuel pump relay with your horn relay (assuming your horn works) because usually they are the same type and amperage relay.

that part that you pictured i believe is the EGR vacuum regulator, trust me, it wont cause your no start issue.

its more or less an emissions thing. but that broken vacuum line will probably cause a high/eratic idle

Well thanks lew. It started about a year ago and then sorta just sat around and collected dust and what not and now it wont start and now my dad said i could have it if i can fix it. Im not really sure what could be wrong with it. Im trying to have a buddy come look at it soon

well if it sat that long id start with the basics because if you want it to be somewhat reliable youll need to do it anyway.

change the distributor cap and rotor. Spark Plug wires. ignition coil, and spark plugs.

at autozone that should cost around 85 bucks for all of that. and isnt hard to do if its a 4 cylinder ranger.

also turn the key "on" and see if you can hear the fuel pump "whine" to make sure its working.

Back
Top Bottom