Let Me Google That For You

What I should have done in high school lol.

Meh. Seriously, if I could do HS over again, I would have lived a little more. Not a lot more, but I would not've been such a perfectionist. It got really tiring, and after a while, I was just competing with myself. Granted, it did help me get a $54,000 scholarship from the college I'm going to, though. But, I'm going to lay back a little more in college, for sure. As and Bs will be perfectly fine for me. I only need to keep a 3.0GPA to keep my scholarship eligibility.

Meh. Seriously, if I could do HS over again, I would have lived a little more. Not a lot more, but I would not've been such a perfectionist. It got really tiring, and after a while, I was just competing with myself. Granted, it did help me get a $54,000 scholarship from the college I'm going to, though. But, I'm going to lay back a little more in college, for sure. As and Bs will be perfectly fine for me. I only need to keep a 3.0GPA to keep my scholarship eligibility.

Your effort really paid off though.

I created an topic about this a long time ago when I found out about it.

I went to an elite private prep school in New York City, which kind of thrust Ivy League upon me, not that I am complaining about that haha.

I do however wish the same thing that you do. Throughout my scholastic career, I worked my ass off every day to get the grades that I did. I partied quite a fair bit as well, but the amount of work that I did severely taxed my nervous system- I lashed out at my friends and family a lot... it was a mess. As a result, I act the way I do around people, which may not be for the best.

Your effort really paid off though.

Definitely. I'm not one to gloat or strut around about it though. I'm very blessed to have gotten my scholarship, even if I did work my butt off. No regrets...I pretty much live by "everything happens for a reason", so if I was more lax in HS, I'd probably not have that great of an outlook for college right now.

I went to an elite private prep school in New York City, which kind of thrust Ivy League upon me, not that I am complaining about that haha.

I do however wish the same thing that you do. Throughout my scholastic career, I worked my ass off every day to get the grades that I did. I partied quite a fair bit as well, but the amount of work that I did severely taxed my nervous system- I lashed out at my friends and family a lot... it was a mess. As a result, I act the way I do around people, which may not be for the best.

Yeah. I've had my ups and downs, and I know it's directly because of school and the pressure I put on myself (not so much other people, actually). It kind of consumed me, and I would have really bad break downs every so often; so I've definitely vowed to be a bit more 'free' at college.

Yeah. I've had my ups and downs, and I know it's directly because of school and the pressure I put on myself (not so much other people, actually). It kind of consumed me, and I would have really bad break downs every so often; so I've definitely vowed to be a bit more 'free' at college.

I thought I was the only one that had those fits of self-destruction. I mean, I would literally shave all the hair off my head, get drunk and pick fights with everyone. Those types of break downs?

I thought I was the only one that had those fits of self-destruction. I mean, I would literally shave all the hair off my head, get drunk and pick fights with everyone. Those types of break downs?

Not physical like that, no. But I would have seriously bouts of depression (nothing suicidal) and anxiety and such. I also had enough of being "perfect" so much so that I ended up shoplifting and getting caught. It wasn't stuff I need even. I was under 18, so I had to do Sentence to Serve (8 hours of manual labor; we had to dig out fire hydrants out of about 4 feet of snow in an entire town (about 2,000 people; took the entire 8 hours)). So now it's been expunged from my record, but every time I go into the store or hear of something like it on the news, I still have flash backs. I basically broke down while sitting in the security office while waiting for my parents to come get me once they released me. It was the tipping point for me; when I decided I couldn't keep doing what I was doing anymore. A lot of it also had to do with my weight (which I've addressed in a thread a while back); a lot of me being a perfectionist had to do with covering up my downfall, which was my weight, so at my breaking point (the shoplifting thing), I decided to have weight loss surgery (if you read my other thread, I've tried many many things already) on July 1st and give myself a new, healthy begging to life. It's much needed.

thread_direction.gif

Back
Top Bottom