Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-14-2009, 01:55 AM   #21
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Let Me Google That For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbs View Post
What I should have done in high school lol.
Meh. Seriously, if I could do HS over again, I would have lived a little more. Not a lot more, but I would not've been such a perfectionist. It got really tiring, and after a while, I was just competing with myself. Granted, it did help me get a $54,000 scholarship from the college I'm going to, though. But, I'm going to lay back a little more in college, for sure. As and Bs will be perfectly fine for me. I only need to keep a 3.0GPA to keep my scholarship eligibility.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:59 AM   #22
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
Meh. Seriously, if I could do HS over again, I would have lived a little more. Not a lot more, but I would not've been such a perfectionist. It got really tiring, and after a while, I was just competing with myself. Granted, it did help me get a $54,000 scholarship from the college I'm going to, though. But, I'm going to lay back a little more in college, for sure. As and Bs will be perfectly fine for me. I only need to keep a 3.0GPA to keep my scholarship eligibility.
Your effort really paid off though.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 AM   #23
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I created an topic about this a long time ago when I found out about it.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:04 AM   #24
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Quote:
I went to an elite private prep school in New York City, which kind of thrust Ivy League upon me, not that I am complaining about that haha.

I do however wish the same thing that you do. Throughout my scholastic career, I worked my ass off every day to get the grades that I did. I partied quite a fair bit as well, but the amount of work that I did severely taxed my nervous system- I lashed out at my friends and family a lot... it was a mess. As a result, I act the way I do around people, which may not be for the best.
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:05 AM   #25
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbs View Post
Your effort really paid off though.
Definitely. I'm not one to gloat or strut around about it though. I'm very blessed to have gotten my scholarship, even if I did work my butt off. No regrets...I pretty much live by "everything happens for a reason", so if I was more lax in HS, I'd probably not have that great of an outlook for college right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
I went to an elite private prep school in New York City, which kind of thrust Ivy League upon me, not that I am complaining about that haha.

I do however wish the same thing that you do. Throughout my scholastic career, I worked my ass off every day to get the grades that I did. I partied quite a fair bit as well, but the amount of work that I did severely taxed my nervous system- I lashed out at my friends and family a lot... it was a mess. As a result, I act the way I do around people, which may not be for the best.
Yeah. I've had my ups and downs, and I know it's directly because of school and the pressure I put on myself (not so much other people, actually). It kind of consumed me, and I would have really bad break downs every so often; so I've definitely vowed to be a bit more 'free' at college.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #26
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Quote:
Yeah. I've had my ups and downs, and I know it's directly because of school and the pressure I put on myself (not so much other people, actually). It kind of consumed me, and I would have really bad break downs every so often; so I've definitely vowed to be a bit more 'free' at college.
I thought I was the only one that had those fits of self-destruction. I mean, I would literally shave all the hair off my head, get drunk and pick fights with everyone. Those types of break downs?
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #27
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
I thought I was the only one that had those fits of self-destruction. I mean, I would literally shave all the hair off my head, get drunk and pick fights with everyone. Those types of break downs?
Not physical like that, no. But I would have seriously bouts of depression (nothing suicidal) and anxiety and such. I also had enough of being "perfect" so much so that I ended up shoplifting and getting caught. It wasn't stuff I need even. I was under 18, so I had to do Sentence to Serve (8 hours of manual labor; we had to dig out fire hydrants out of about 4 feet of snow in an entire town (about 2,000 people; took the entire 8 hours)). So now it's been expunged from my record, but every time I go into the store or hear of something like it on the news, I still have flash backs. I basically broke down while sitting in the security office while waiting for my parents to come get me once they released me. It was the tipping point for me; when I decided I couldn't keep doing what I was doing anymore. A lot of it also had to do with my weight (which I've addressed in a thread a while back); a lot of me being a perfectionist had to do with covering up my downfall, which was my weight, so at my breaking point (the shoplifting thing), I decided to have weight loss surgery (if you read my other thread, I've tried many many things already) on July 1st and give myself a new, healthy begging to life. It's much needed.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:33 AM   #28
Golden Master

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #29
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
So,So very true.

Anywho! I Think this is going to be one of my most used links of all time.

I Really hate it when people ask you the most simiplest of things such as "What does BRB Mean?" Or "Whats A CPU?" and now,this link shall be my reply
Old 06-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #30
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

As 01001010 said, it really annoys me then the thread has a good quesiton, and somone just goes "U NUB UZE GOOGLE LOL http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I+Am+A+Knob+Head LOLOL>"

That might be an over exaggeration... but you know what I mean

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote