Less homework in school?

A simple days work eh?.......If you think work is easy then you have a lot to learn son.......

Here's a lesson, school is easy compared to the real world. In the real world if you miss work because you aren't feeling well, you could get FIRED. Some jobs if you don't perform well you could get FIRED. You'll learn.

Yes, like my mum and dad, they work too hard, 24/7 they're both working 'til late. I wish I could help them, but I can't.

You can't say school is easy and work is easy. It depends where you work...

In school you face numerous situations like bullies, teachers on you're nerves, heaps of homework and that typical "teeny-drama" stuff. At work it's the similar situations, you're boss, too much work blah blah blah. Very similar, I'm not saying work is easier than school, they're both equal.

I could give a whole list of reasons on why school is easier than work and vice versa.

I agree completely exams dont represent anything that happens in the real world . in real life jobs people arent expected to recall everything they have ever been taught
for instance i want to train to be a lawyer and late last year i was doing some work experience in a legal practice and when a lawyer there didnt remember something they would get up and go get the book from the office and library or they would search on the internet for what they couldnt remember .

x2

Yes, like my mum and dad, they work too hard, 24/7 they're both working 'til late. I wish I could help them, but I can't.

In school you face numerous situations like bullies, teachers on you're nerves, heaps of homework and that typical "teeny-drama" stuff. At work it's the similar situations, you're boss, too much work blah blah blah. Very similar, I'm not saying work is easier than school, they're both equal.

I could give a whole list of reasons on why school is easier than work and vice versa.

x2

Ohh.... Bullies..... ohhh..... teachers on your nerves. Have you ever considered you will HATE your boss's guts, and he will be a dick to you? The "teeny-drama" crap is utter bullshit, it is nothing compared to the real world. School is not as hard as work. You have a TON to learn, and you are just shooting your self in the foot by not listen to the wise people here such as UK31337, 1001010, T-MAN, Lowndsey, muz and Tommy Boy. They are actually right.

And here is a life lesson on bullies: you aren't gonna have Mr. Principal there to stop them for you, you have to deal with it yourself. So you better grow a pair because the next time that 200 lb muscular kid picks on you, you are gonna have to stop him your self, and it might take throwing him into a wall, grabbing his collar and choking him.

x2

So how many actual jobs have you had?

Why are you acting as if you have experience in the work field, when you have never been there before? You have no clue as to what you are talking about, you are just assuming things and trying to speak as if you know what you are talking about.

You can't credibly speak on something you have never actually experienced before. But yet those people that have experience and are trying to inform you of the reality of it, you ignore them and continue on with your assumptions.

For one I will tell you that kind of mentality doesn't go very well in the real world, and it more than likely doesn't go well in any kind of military.

For those of you complaining about homework, all I have to say is get over it. Life is tough, deal with it. Whining about your homework isn't going to get it done any faster. I'm in AP and honors classes and have lots of homework, but I deal with it and get it done. Yes it's hard, but that's why I signed up for AP and honors classes. If you don't like homework, don't do it, then again don't complain if your grade suffers because of your choice to not do homework.

I haven't read all the post's either but I'm going to comment on the original thread about more or less homework.

I am still in school as well, and I get homework every night weather i like it or not. But, if I didn't understand something in class then I can re-learn it when I do my homework.

Some nights I have a lot of homework, some nights, not so much. I don't like doing it but it keeps my grades up.
Also, having high grades can really pay off. There are some people I know who say "Yea! I passed the test!" For me, if i get below a 90 on something I say "Oh, dang.. that wasn't exactly where I wanted it.."

EDIT:
I started reading some more posts in this thread after I posted and wanted to comment on this one:
I have to agree with that. Look at A/C for example...when i was going to school we didn't have air conditioned classrooms you had to do your work with sweat dripping off you in summer. Now if an aircon breaks down they get sent home for the day..tough stuff that

In my school we do have air conditioning.. but its so screwed up that the heat comes on in the summer, and if you open a window it just turns up higher...
The custodians don't do anything about it because it is basically happening in every room in the school.

x2
Excuses....excuses.......:rolleyes:

There is a difference between going to a simple days work without feeling well than going to an exam which is a major part of your education...

if you honestly believe this you know even less than i was giving you credit for.. and i wasn't giving you alot in the first place.

my 'simple days work' on Friday started at 8am, at 9am they find out that there is an aircraft which is going to be grounded at 6pm if the unit which was unserviceable in our holding store was not fixed.. this unit needed a spare which was not in stock at our base at Stansted, however there was one in Switzerland, so they fly the component in from Switzerland, it landed in Heathrow at about 2pm, where it goes through customs and gets transported up to where I am waiting for it.. it arrives about 6pm, where i have to fit it to the unit, test the unit and get it checked and released by my supervisor.. overall this took until about 8.15pm, where the unit was released and transported to the aircraft which was waiting for it, with passengers sitting around waiting for the aircraft to take off.. not so much a simple days work.. and this could happen (and does quite regularly) any day of the week, any time..

it is not similar at all. trust me ive been there with both, and school is patheticly easy compared to trying to start out in an international company on an apprenticeship, school is far too easy these days.. and there is nowhere near enough homework for the kids to do, more homework, and actually allowing the teachers to dicipline the kids at school would control them alot better. i have not been out of school too long (nearly 4 years) and as far as what is easier, school is a walk in the park.

Were you not the same when you were a kid?
I never said I liked homework and I never said I wouldn't have enjoyed having no homework. But I dealt with it and didn't complain. As I said before, when I went to school teachers didn't give a flying #^$@ if you liked homework or not, if you didn't do it, you failed, end of story. I didn't complain like the pussy kids of today who think that schools should just give them a diploma and send them on their way. They don't want to work for anything, they just want everything given to them, this is where our country is headed folks.........Our future adults can't even do homework without complaining....how do you expect them to actually contribute to society?

It all comes down to them not wanting to work for anything, they're lazy.

suppose over in the US though there can be a need for air coditioning , ive heard ac is quite a common feature on houses over there , whereas over here its practically unheard of

Really? didn't know that haha. What are the summers like in the UK?

Your right though about alot of US houses having AC. Around here where I live A/C is something thats really nice to have in the summer (alot of summer days here in Alabama are over 90F, I've seen it as hot 110F and alot of days the relative humidity is over 90%). You really learn to appreciate it when you have to go without it, when I was younger and lived in Georgia we had central heat/air and the house was always comfortable. But in the summers I would stay with my grandparent's in their old ass house (built in the 1870s). It had no central heat/air (still don't haha) but when I was a young lad though they had an old window AC unit..but as I recall it crapped out alot so often we'd have all the doors and windows open trying to catch a breeze:p

Oh yeah in the south its almost unheard of to have a house without central air...Shoot even the doublewide trailers got central air around here..:D

True dat:p although as a fellow Southerner I'm sure you know folks don't always the big heat/ac unit most folks think of...sometimes it's just those crappy window units or those damn rotating fans:p

Back
Top Bottom