Less homework in school?

I get the feeling he will learn many lessons in life...every one of them the very hardest way possible

There is a difference between going to a simple days work without feeling well than going to an exam which is a major part of your education...

You're right. Unlike most tests and exams, there aren't any "make ups" in life.

There is a difference between going to a simple days work without feeling well than going to an exam which is a major part of your education...

You think your boss is gonna keep you employed because you had a tummy ache? I bet that you were well enough to get out of bed and play video games, weren't you.

The last time I missed school because I was sick was when I woke up, knew I was sick, but Went to school anyways, and ended up throwing up 4th period (note that I knew I was gonna throw up like 20 minutes before so I had time to call my parents and go to the nurse) Other than that I only miss for doctor's appointments and that is only because the doctor I go to is only in during school hours.

You think your boss is gonna keep you employed because you had a tummy ache? I bet that you were well enough to get out of bed and play video games, weren't you.

The last time I missed school because I was sick was when I woke up, knew I was sick, but Went to school anyways, and ended up throwing up 4th period (note that I knew I was gonna throw up like 20 minutes before so I had time to call my parents and go to the nurse) Other than that I only miss for doctor's appointments and that is only because the doctor I go to is only in during school hours.

Was my post honestly worth a neg rep?

When I'm saying "not feeling the best" I'm referring to forgetting what you've learned because of the pressure, or you can't think straight because of blah blah blah.

Yeah, I'm going to learn many lessons in life. People go on and on about this...

Was my post honestly worth a neg rep?

When I'm saying "not feeling the best" I'm referring to forgetting what you've learned because of the pressure, or you can't think straight because of blah blah blah.

Yeah, I'm going to learn many lessons in life. People go on and on about this...

Yes. So is being stupid enough to complain about it. I don't complain when 01001010 neg reps me. Not once. Because usually it teaches me a lesson. So I end up thanking him for it.

Anyways, you think you will not be under pressure in the workplace? You say you want to join the Greek Army, but you think they are not under pressure. Lets say you have enemy fire on 2 sides and you gun jams. I sure as hell bet there will be more pressure then than you have ever seen. I just took a physics test and I forgot a major formula. Know what I did? I though, and while I couldn't remember the formula, I just used another, more complicated, principal to get the job done. And it worked.

And you sure seem to act like you think you know all those lessons. Because if you knew that you were gonna learn them and you didn't know that much you wouldn't have added that sarcastic comment at the end.

God, bad memories. Last year, I had 6 hours of homework. I was in all advanced classes (still am). I got sick of it and I just do all my hw in study hall (My new school has alot less hw).

Yes. So is being stupid enough to complain about it. I don't complain when 01001010 neg reps me. Not once. Because usually it teaches me a lesson. So I end up thanking him for it.

Anyways, you think you will not be under pressure in the workplace? You say you want to join the Greek Army, but you think they are not under pressure. Lets say you have enemy fire on 2 sides and you gun jams. I sure as hell bet there will be more pressure then than you have ever seen. I just took a physics test and I forgot a major formula. Know what I did? I though, and while I couldn't remember the formula, I just used another, more complicated, principal to get the job done. And it worked.

And you sure seem to act like you think you know all those lessons. Because if you knew that you were gonna learn them and you didn't know that much you wouldn't have added that sarcastic comment at the end.

But you taught me no lesson and that wasn't a sarcastic comment, I was being serious.

I wasn't comparing the pressure from Army to school Exams. :mad:

A simple days work eh?.......If you think work is easy then you have a lot to learn son.......

Here's a lesson, school is easy compared to the real world. In the real world if you miss work because you aren't feeling well, you could get FIRED. Some jobs if you don't perform well you could get FIRED. You'll learn.

I'm in favour of rock hard homework and coursework with tight deadlines instead of exams. Coursework is far less stressful and far more realistic in terms of the real world, exams achieve nothing.

I agree completely exams dont represent anything that happens in the real world . in real life jobs people arent expected to recall everything they have ever been taught
for instance i want to train to be a lawyer and late last year i was doing some work experience in a legal practice and when a lawyer there didnt remember something they would get up and go get the book from the office and library or they would search on the internet for what they couldnt remember .

Back
Top Bottom