Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #51
Site Team
 
T-MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Less homework in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
There is a difference between going to a simple days work without feeling well than going to an exam which is a major part of your education...
You have a lot to learn about life Stratos.
__________________

__________________
1st Puter - Intel Pent D 3.4GHz, 2 GIG Ram, GeForce 9800GT, Windows 7 Home.
2nd Puter - AMD Athlon Dual Core 2.69GHz, 2 GIG Ram, GeForce 7600GT, XP Home.
Lappy - Intel Dual Core 1.73GHz, 2 GIG Ram, Vista Home Premium.
Piss off George Monks = gmcrepair? YES, YES it was.
Yeah he likes to boost his count.
T-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #52
Site Team
 
Lowndsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: Less homework in school?

I get the feeling he will learn many lessons in life...every one of them the very hardest way possible
__________________

__________________
JogaBonito1502: I guess Microsoft is really not to blame. Sorry!

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #53
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Less homework in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
There is a difference between going to a simple days work without feeling well than going to an exam which is a major part of your education...
You're right. Unlike most tests and exams, there aren't any "make ups" in life.
__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:14 AM   #54
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Less homework in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
There is a difference between going to a simple days work without feeling well than going to an exam which is a major part of your education...
You think your boss is gonna keep you employed because you had a tummy ache? I bet that you were well enough to get out of bed and play video games, weren't you.

The last time I missed school because I was sick was when I woke up, knew I was sick, but Went to school anyways, and ended up throwing up 4th period (note that I knew I was gonna throw up like 20 minutes before so I had time to call my parents and go to the nurse) Other than that I only miss for doctor's appointments and that is only because the doctor I go to is only in during school hours.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #55
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,744
Default Re: Less homework in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
You think your boss is gonna keep you employed because you had a tummy ache? I bet that you were well enough to get out of bed and play video games, weren't you.

The last time I missed school because I was sick was when I woke up, knew I was sick, but Went to school anyways, and ended up throwing up 4th period (note that I knew I was gonna throw up like 20 minutes before so I had time to call my parents and go to the nurse) Other than that I only miss for doctor's appointments and that is only because the doctor I go to is only in during school hours.
Was my post honestly worth a neg rep?

When I'm saying "not feeling the best" I'm referring to forgetting what you've learned because of the pressure, or you can't think straight because of blah blah blah.

Yeah, I'm going to learn many lessons in life. People go on and on about this...
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #56
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Less homework in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
Was my post honestly worth a neg rep?

When I'm saying "not feeling the best" I'm referring to forgetting what you've learned because of the pressure, or you can't think straight because of blah blah blah.

Yeah, I'm going to learn many lessons in life. People go on and on about this...
Yes. So is being stupid enough to complain about it. I don't complain when 01001010 neg reps me. Not once. Because usually it teaches me a lesson. So I end up thanking him for it.

Anyways, you think you will not be under pressure in the workplace? You say you want to join the Greek Army, but you think they are not under pressure. Lets say you have enemy fire on 2 sides and you gun jams. I sure as hell bet there will be more pressure then than you have ever seen. I just took a physics test and I forgot a major formula. Know what I did? I though, and while I couldn't remember the formula, I just used another, more complicated, principal to get the job done. And it worked.

And you sure seem to act like you think you know all those lessons. Because if you knew that you were gonna learn them and you didn't know that much you wouldn't have added that sarcastic comment at the end.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #57
In Runtime
 
Sinonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 424
Send a message via AIM to Sinonymous
Default Re: Less homework in school?

God, bad memories. Last year, I had 6 hours of homework. I was in all advanced classes (still am). I got sick of it and I just do all my hw in study hall (My new school has alot less hw).
__________________
Diglett get off that chair! You'll scare the neighbors because that doesn't make sense.
Sinonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #58
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,744
Default Re: Less homework in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
Yes. So is being stupid enough to complain about it. I don't complain when 01001010 neg reps me. Not once. Because usually it teaches me a lesson. So I end up thanking him for it.

Anyways, you think you will not be under pressure in the workplace? You say you want to join the Greek Army, but you think they are not under pressure. Lets say you have enemy fire on 2 sides and you gun jams. I sure as hell bet there will be more pressure then than you have ever seen. I just took a physics test and I forgot a major formula. Know what I did? I though, and while I couldn't remember the formula, I just used another, more complicated, principal to get the job done. And it worked.

And you sure seem to act like you think you know all those lessons. Because if you knew that you were gonna learn them and you didn't know that much you wouldn't have added that sarcastic comment at the end.
But you taught me no lesson and that wasn't a sarcastic comment, I was being serious.

I wasn't comparing the pressure from Army to school Exams.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #59
Golden Master
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 8,463
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: Less homework in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
There is a difference between going to a simple days work without feeling well than going to an exam which is a major part of your education...
A simple days work eh?.......If you think work is easy then you have a lot to learn son.......

Here's a lesson, school is easy compared to the real world. In the real world if you miss work because you aren't feeling well, you could get FIRED. Some jobs if you don't perform well you could get FIRED. You'll learn.
__________________
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #60
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Less homework in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337 View Post
I'm in favour of rock hard homework and coursework with tight deadlines instead of exams. Coursework is far less stressful and far more realistic in terms of the real world, exams achieve nothing.
I agree completely exams dont represent anything that happens in the real world . in real life jobs people arent expected to recall everything they have ever been taught
for instance i want to train to be a lawyer and late last year i was doing some work experience in a legal practice and when a lawyer there didnt remember something they would get up and go get the book from the office and library or they would search on the internet for what they couldnt remember .
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0