Legalize Weed & Drinking Age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support gay marriage i guess mostly the girls who like girls :) <3 to them one of my best friends is a les....<33

I was reading through.. And you have to realize.. when you say things like its okay to do when at home with a responsible.. Well think about it like this:

If the adult was really responsible, the kid wouldnt be drinking mindlessly or smoking up the house. Dont get me wrong, I know plenty of people that drink. Still GREAT people.. Because they know what it does.. And they know how to avoid that. Kids just dont. Im a kid and I know what it does because i have been raised by responsible parents.

Its also about envirmoment, and because of that, the American Government know that not all households in the country are satisfactory for drinking. Because there are always a few people that can totally F*** it up....

American is the only country to have a drinking age of 21. Singapore I believe completely outlaws it the penelties for doing it are extremely STIRCT so um unless you want your fingers cut off you don't drink... If american wants to stop drinking then put SUCH A HIGH PRICE ON THE CRIEM it'd be consider sucidide to attempt. Or loosen up.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
I was reading through.. And you have to realize.. when you say things like its okay to do when at home with a responsible.. Well think about it like this:

If the adult was really responsible, the kid wouldnt be drinking mindlessly or smoking up the house. Dont get me wrong, I know plenty of people that drink. Still GREAT people.. Because they know what it does.. And they know how to avoid that. Kids just dont. Im a kid and I know what it does because i have been raised by responsible parents.

Its also about envirmoment, and because of that, the American Government know that not all households in the country are satisfactory for drinking. Because there are always a few people that can totally F*** it up....

Now don't you think that post could have been made without the swearing? *'d or not, still wasn't necessary.

For a start, you exaggerated my comment. If the kid was sensible enough to tell his parents that he wanted to try something, that certainly isn't "mindless", and for a new user of either weed or drink, it would probably be controlled by that adult anyway. If a kid is with a bunch of friends for a first time smoke or drink, then chances are he or she will drink and smoke as much as they do, forgetting that his/her friends have probably been doing it longer than he/she has. Not only that but I doubt very much that any of the friends would be in the right state of mind to help or do something if something went wrong. That, in itself, is potentially fatal. However if the kid was with a responsible adult, then that adult would be watching the kid every minute and would be in a fit state of mind to get emergency help if an accident happens. If you were a parent, and you HAD to choose between your child lighting one up at home while you're there, or your child lighting one up with some irresponsible friends, which would you choose?

What you also seem to be forgetting is that after a while, experimentation gets the best of us all. For some, they want to throw themselves off a bridge only relying on a massive elastic band to keep you alive, for others, they may want to try something like weed or alcohol. At the end of the day, the kid could be experimenting with things that are alot worse, and even though it is true that weed can be a gateway drug, if the child is open enough to tell his parents that he/she wants to try weed, they'll certainly say something if they want to try something else, giving the parents control.

I never tried weed with my parents due to the obvious answer NO. Of course drink I do. Heck i even drink with them to this date its noa biggie. Adn weed it really helps to have poeple who know what they doing so you don't runit or what not. I showed a kid the right way to drink once. Told him start off with one beer, give it a lil go to the next and so on until he got a good buzz if he wanted to get durnk have 1 or 2 more and call it quits. Here in germany they even had a law. You can tell a bartender to refuse you drinks. They are required by law to not serve you any more drinks after that time period and they take it very seriously because it is a law that is enforced. German ploice often time will go into a bar have a few beers and what now tell teh guy not to give them any more drinks and then test them. But then again not all poeple are taht resonpibel. When I go out I get to the point where i'm drunk then I do one more drink and tell the bartender no more. I've neve rhad a bartender allow me a dirnka fter I said no more. Even though i wanted one. But really its the parent job to rise the kid you raise oyur kid right they'll act right and responabilly in all situtions.

Some good arguments, however Nik00117 can you please use paragraphs, it will make it so much easier to read the post specially when they get long.

Eh.. Its no good for society. So im just kinda like blah.. I mean really.. Can lowering the age limit make our kids more mature? Is that true? Exactly. It cant be proven. Its what you think. You have to realize that Germany is wayyyy the hell over their. And America is wayyy over here. Where we have totally different stanards and customs.. Oh well.. Doesnt matter, because its simply not going to happen..

I am not going to read this whole thread.. wayyyy too much to read in my time frame.. so i'll just voice my opinion.

I know what drunks are like, i've been around them before. Their violent and inconsiderate pricks. The last thing I want is more of them.

People don't use thier heads when drunk, which is quite possibly why a lot of people get a DUI. How would you feel if you killed someone because you were driving drunk? you could run someone down and not even realize it until after you did it.

It's shit like that, that makes me hate alcohol. It's just a hell hole to drown your sorrows and emotions into.

Weed, while not exactly good, isn't as bad as beer. IMO, if it doesn't harm anyone else, it should be legal. (and by that I mean CANT harm anyone else, your not exactly a stable driver when your under the influence of weed, which is exactly why it should not be legal. For medical use, as alvino said, would be ok, but otherwise no.)

People think they are smart enough to always use thier head when drunk.. but when you are drunk... you are a totally different person.. a degraded pathetic one at that.

No offense, but that doesnt really prove anything, just because you were able to write a paper argueing the points, doesnt mean the original points were legit, im not saying you dont have writing talent, im not bashing you at all, im just saying that although your writing quality may be good, it doesnt change the fact that marijuana does no good for the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom