Legalize Marijuana?

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
So I have to write a paper on Legalizing Marijuana. Persuasive paper. Anyone wanna help with a 3 main points? lol

you can point out how itrs dumb how its ilegal to smoke something that grows in the dirt. you know, make it sound like they puting a law on something really silly.

another point, legalizing it will actually mkae less people do it (in my opinion.) a lot of rebellious peopel i know smake pot just because theyre not supposed to. thats just how people are a lot of the time. wanting to do something they shouldnt.

the government shouldnt be making all our descisions. they should put an age that you can smoke it, like 18 (like for cigarrettes.) then people can make choices for themselves to do it or not. no one learns anything unless they can do it for themselves.

hope these help.

Here's a few things:
Rights - You should be able to decide whether or not you want to smoke it. The government shouldn't tell you if you can or cannot.

Cost - It costs a lot to have marijuana illegal. I remember someone putting it this way once, we're spending money on the "War on Drugs". It costs a lot to keep people in jail (food, health care, etc.). Basically, we could be spending this money on more important things.

Making it illegal does NOT make less people smoke it. As cileskot said, it's a way to be rebellious. Also, it's easier for kids to acquire since it's illegal. If there were regulations like with alcohol, it would make it harder for kids to get. (there are dealers all over the place, whereas to get alcohol, they need a fake ID, etc.)

Wasnt there a big thread on this? Maybe there will be good points on there.

Back
Top Bottom