Legalization of Marijuana: Yes or No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. basically there are good points on both sides crime will go down but the real truth is that regardless of if you use the excuse legalizing it will cut down on crime its false, Pot is considered a gateway drug, regardless of its legalization some people may want to experiment more and eventually try more harmful substances. I mean there has even been proof of the effectiveness of drugs, the Opium wars ( and realizing that they were implanted for the purpose of control) but how addicted China was for Opiates really crippled them how can we measure Pots addicting effects on America? I can understand that crime may go down, but the drop out rates would increase and the life expectancy, etc etc.

I love how people think Pot isnt as bad as alcohol.They both **** you up. People die in car wrecks from both alcohol and pot. Why do you want to legalize things that kill people and put many people in jail?

Have you ever had a family member put in jail or hospitalized from pot? I am sure once some of you expreience that, you wont want it legal.

Think about what it does to peoples lives. it takes over their lives slowly. I have a friend who does pot. First it started out as an occasional thing, and now he does it daily, and has been in toruble many times before.

In the US, Companies can test you for it, and if you test postitive their goes your job.

Pot screws your life up, their is science behind it, Use google to find the proof.

How many threads are we going to go through over pot?

And before you all flame saying I havent tried it, you're wrong, I have it.

This is a damn computer forum. Talk about computers. If you all put half as much time into talking about computers as you do about pot, this forum would have new posts everyday.

Also, i thought threads talking about drugs wasnt allowed?

I love how people think Pot isnt as bad as alcohol.They both **** you up. People die in car wrecks from both alcohol and pot. Why do you want to legalize things that kill people and put many people in jail?

Have you ever had a family member put in jail or hospitalized from pot? I am sure once some of you expreience that, you wont want it legal.

Think about what it does to peoples lives. it takes over their lives slowly. I have a friend who does pot. First it started out as an occasional thing, and now he does it daily, and has been in toruble many times before.

In the US, Companies can test you for it, and if you test postitive their goes your job.

Pot screws your life up, their is science behind it, Use google to find the proof.

This is a damn computer forum. Talk about computers. If you all put half as much time into talking about computers as you do about pot, this forum would have new posts everyday.

I guess he voted no.

Well driving well intoxicated is illegal and so should marijuana. But used in a responsible manor they aren't a risk to other people.

Nobody has ever been hospitalized from marijuana because it is physically impossible to overdose. The same can't be said about alcohol and that's legal.

Many things aside from marijuana can take over a persons life. Alcohol also takes over peoples lives. In fact I know several alcoholics and its kind of sad. Gambling can completely ruin a persons life when they become addicted to it. There both legal though.

If legalized marijuana would really be no different than alcohol. You wouldn't be able to drive nor go to work while stoned. It would be used as a relaxation method after a hard days work. I know plenty of people that make good money that smoke pot. Generally people that just sit around and get stoned all day are just plain lazy. It doesn't matter if they smoked or not because there just lazy. You can try and use marijuana as a scapegoat there but a lazy person isn't going to get anywhere in this world regardless.

I haven't smoked in quite a few years but I support the legalization and look forward to that day. As you mention drug testing makes it not worth it.

This isn't actually a computer dedicated sub forum section, which is why its titled a social lounge.

I voted no, reasoning:

I have not smoked marijuana nor do I plan to. But I have seen, hanged out with, and even dated people who used it. All of which I have noticed, they grow stupid with the amount they smoke. They also slow down body functions, lose interests in work, school, bills, and other important matters. They just learn not to care.
I have seen this in EVERY case I have seen.
The people that I have seen use say "no long term affects"..
Yet I have had many friends that stopped using any they are still not like they were before they started. Before they started they cared about life and all of the things that come with it.

Take in mind I have seen, had friends, dated, spent a lot of time with people that use this. I am not taking this from any stereotype. This is all from personal experience.

If it becomes legal and is regulated by the government that is one more thing for people to bark about. You can not tell me that people won't be using it behind the wheel either. Weed DOES slow down reaction time, do you want someone behind the wheel while high?
So you say... Eh we will just make it so you can't drive while doing it.
Do you know how hard it is to tell the difference between a cigarette and a blunt from far away? Everyone smoking cigarettes in there car is going to start being stopped by the cops "Just to make sure". I say it will be much more of a hassle then it will anything else.

I am sure someone on here is going to call me out or say some bull about me for this.:rolleyes:

I voted no, reasoning:

I have not smoked marijuana nor do I plan to. But I have seen, hanged out with, and even dated people who used it. All of which I have noticed, they grow stupid with the amount they smoke. They also slow down body functions, lose interests in work, school, bills, and other important matters. They just learn not to care.
I have seen this in EVERY case I have seen.
The people that I have seen use say "no long term affects"..
Yet I have had many friends that stopped using any they are still not like they were before they started. Before they started they cared about life and all of the things that come with it.

Take in mind I have seen, had friends, dated, spent a lot of time with people that use this. I am not taking this from any stereotype. This is all from personal experience.

If it becomes legal and is regulated by the government that is one more thing for people to bark about. You can not tell me that people won't be using it behind the wheel either. Weed DOES slow down reaction time, do you want someone behind the wheel while high?
So you say... Eh we will just make it so you can't drive while doing it.
Do you know how hard it is to tell the difference between a cigarette and a blunt from far away? Everyone smoking cigarettes in there car is going to start being stopped by the cops "Just to make sure". I say it will be much more of a hassle then it will anything else.

I am sure someone on here is going to call me out or say some bull about me for this.:rolleyes:

I've been waiting for someone to say this all first. I'm with you 100% on this. I don't care if anyone flames us. I think that politics aside, it's just not safe to legalize it or you'll be putting it behind the wheel. Plus, what good is it anyways? Who says that legalizing it will make employers drop it from their drug tests? What if they still fire you if you test positive?

People drink because it's legal, and then drive. People smoke MJ because it "feels good", and then drive. But I think that as soon as you legalize it, you'll have oodles more people smoking it and then driving...or smoking while driving, just because of the fact that they might go to a friends house now to "enjoy some bud" and then DRIVE HOME. I think that by keeping it illegal, it strikes enough fear in enough people not to drive after/while using it; I'm not saying everyone, but I'm saying enough that that's the reason I don't want it legalized.

And as others have mentioned, it tends to be a gateway drug. It's so-called "not addictive", but the fact is that you can get hooked to anything. It's not necessarily a chemical addiction, it's an emotional/psychological addiction, especially if your excuse to use it is to "calm down". Then in situations when you aren't calm, you'll just be wanting to light up a joint.

I just never have understood the point of drug use. It's messed up a lot of people, including my father when he was younger. I don't want to see if screw up anyone else, and I damn sure don't want to see it as the cause of many more deaths by accidents, either.

My opinions, my views. Be them what they may. If you don't like it, that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom