Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #21
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to culexor
Default Re: Legalization of Marijuana: Yes or No.

I think it should be decriminalized. Just because if we fully legalized it, I'm sure something would get messed up, and piss some people off (even though people are already pissed off about it). I think that it being illegal is a waste of government money. I'm really indifferent about the subject, I really don't know where I stand on this matter. Too many gray areas. Each side has its pros and cons. I guess all we can do is try it out and see if it goes over well.

Laptop: i5 430M 2.26Ghz, 4GB DDR3 1066, 500GB WD Blue, Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB (discrete)
Old 06-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to 88

I've usually been a supporter of marijuana usage and the idea of legalizing it but idk....that opinion has changed a lot lately. I'm still very much in support of it for those who need it medicinally but for the average "stoner" there's no reason it has to be legalized for them. I believe that the only purpose for the legalization movement is so those who already smoke don't have to be as secretive about it so it's merely a convenience factor.

I suppose I do have an opinion that contrasts that too. I am rarely affected negatively by those who smoke marijuana right now and I think the billions of dollars that are spent on criminalizing the use of marijuana can be useful somewhere else. This is of course assuming that upon legalization the world doesn't turn into one big hippie-fest. I would hate that so much. They're probably the world's most passive-aggressive lobbyists and that annoys me.

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Not another one of these threads....

Hasn't this topic been beat to death enough already???

Make sure to keep it an intelligent conversation, not a flame war.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #24
Daemon Poster

I think it should be legal. I dont understand how alcohol which is manufactured is acceptable when pot which is natural is not. I have smoked pot for many years but quit a few years ago now and I can honestly say that no matter how much pot I smoked I never was as impared as having a 6 pack. It is 2 totally different things IMO. I have never smoked an ounce of weed and forgot what I did last night. I have never smoked a pound of weed and forgot what i did last night. I have never known anyone so addicted to pot that they totally wipe out there bank accounts and cant function enough to go to work like alcoholics. I have never heard of anyone so strung out on pot that they are giving blow jobs to get a joint like heroin addicts. IMO Pot is not addicting and is no where near what is considered a drug. Crack, Cocaine, Heroin, Crystal Meth and crap like that should remain illegal forever because those "DRUGS" are addictive and do create a dependance on the substance. I quit pot and had no cravings I never woke up in the morning like damn im outta pot where am i gonna get my next fix. I think that pot has totally been given a bad name and is miscatagorized by many people.

I'm not saying that pot is a great thing and I think that everyone in the world should smoke pot. But I am saying that it is not as bad as people think.
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
Old 06-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 View Post
I've usually been a supporter of marijuana usage and the idea of legalizing it but idk....that opinion has changed a lot lately. I'm still very much in support of it for those who need it medicinally but for the average "stoner" there's no reason it has to be legalized for them. I believe that the only purpose for the legalization movement is so those who already smoke don't have to be as secretive about it so it's merely a convenience factor.

I suppose I do have an opinion that contrasts that too. I am rarely affected negatively by those who smoke marijuana right now and I think the billions of dollars that are spent on criminalizing the use of marijuana can be useful somewhere else. This is of course assuming that upon legalization the world doesn't turn into one big hippie-fest. I would hate that so much. They're probably the world's most passive-aggressive lobbyists and that annoys me.
Just because there is no strong support to legalize it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be legalized. We do lots of stuff because its fun that we don't need to do to survive. Its human nature to have fun. You make it illegal because it can hurt people. The question is will a bunch of high people do less damage than a bunch of drunk people. I think this all calls for a clinical trials. Get 100 of each and then give them cars. See which group dies more. Make that one illegal.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #26
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker

I think beer brings more death, I dont get why people are so scared of Mj when they can get smashed on beer.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #27
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to esa193

i voted yes
i dont smoke a lot
every once in a while prefer drinking
i say as long as its under strict regulation why not

MacArthur wrestling pwns!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #28
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Marijuana will never be legal because the government can't tax it or regulate it. It's something that anyone can grow, use and sell themselves.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Old 06-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #29
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

no legalization kthxbai
Old 06-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #30
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
It's something that anyone can grow, use and sell themselves.
The same could be said about alcohol.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
Closed Thread