Legalization of Marijuana: Yes or No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just believe people should be able to do whatever they want. Thats big brother out there on our back 24/7 Just like in example I believe once you come of age (18) you shouldnt have to wear your seatbelt. Thats just my opinion. If people need weed or just want to F up there life let them go ahead. WHo made us God and granted us the power to say no.

I Just like in example I believe once you come of age (18) you shouldnt have to wear your seatbelt. Thats just my opinion.

That's just common sense. You're not hurting anyone by wearing it.

If people need weed or just want to F up there life let them go ahead. WHo made us God and granted us the power to say no.

The problem is how these substances can hurt others, like drinking under the influence. You may deserve the consequences, but the family you hit sure didn't.

1. Legalization would mean a lower price; thus, related crimes (like theft) would be reduced. All illegal drugs are higher in price because the production, transportation, and sale of the drugs carry heavy risks. When people develop drug habits or addictions, they must somehow come up with the money to support their cravings. Unless a person is wealthy, he or she must often resort to robbery and other crimes to generate the money needed to buy the drugs. Legalization would reduce the risks and thus reduce the prices. There would therefore be less need for the secondary crimes needed to raise money.
http://www.balancedpolitics.org/marijuana_legalization.htm

i dont however think in the case of cannabis that many people go out to steal to fund their cannabis habbit mostly its heroin and harder drugs where the users steal to feed their habbit

Besides this article dosent take into account the cost of legalisation you would have to have such things as quality control process's , employ staff to assist in the growing and packageing you would have to emply full time staff to do this who would be paid whatever the turnout of the crops whereas at the moment the growers only get their cut if the crop turns out good plus the tax that the government would put on top imo would make cannabis more expensive than it already is

Certainly in europe i think the common agricultural policy would also mean that farmers would have to be paid a minimum price for their crop

Besides this article dosent take into account the cost of legalisation you would have to have such things as quality control process's , employ staff to assist in the growing and packageing you would have to emply full time staff to do this who would be paid whatever the turnout of the crops whereas at the moment the growers only get their cut if the crop turns out good plus the tax that the government would put on top imo would make cannabis more expensive than it already is
I rather pay a legitimate business that's running a legal operation for the benefit of our economy than a drug cartel that's creating violence in the streets of my city.

I rather pay a legitimate business that's running a legal operation for the benefit of our economy than a drug cartel that's creating violence in the streets of my city.

As i said in my first post i too would rather deal with legal companies than shady drug dealers who are involved with god knows what other illegal activities and violence

[\QUOTE]
The problem is how these substances can hurt others, like drinking under the influence. You may deserve the consequences, but the family you hit sure didn't.[/QUOTE]

yeah i didnt say alcohol i said marijuana

i was just saying it would be more expensive generally under the legalisation but quality would be more consistent with quality control

of course but there are differences between how they alter your mind and what they do to you

physically

I'm kind of in the middle. Yes because it would help the economy and other things, and No because I dont like the smell, and dont want to be around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom