Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-09-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Unhappy Legal Stuff

Well i am currently with a web host and i have told them to cancel my hosting account with them, but they say i have to carry it on for another 3 months before i can cancel, I am worried that they will deduct the funds automatically from my credit card as they probaly have my details on file, can they do this legally? They have sent me a Invoice but i havent accepted it.

Dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Legal Stuff

you can't just not accept an invoice.
If you signed a contract then you have to see out that contract. or there may be a financial pennence to pay.
I don't think they can 'just take' what they like, they will probably demand a significant amount, (possible the same amount it would have been to keep the hosting), so you may be better off sticking with them for the next few months anyway...

root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Its probably not worth bothering over. Nobody reads the licence agreements - its just something you have to do if you want to have the service - even if you knew at the time you would have done it.
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote