leeching

Hey mods? Shouldn't this thread be locked? It's just going to become a flame war, and it's WAYYYY off topic, and since Zane's question was answered....

Well there already were some battles, I'm just saying, this thread is WAY off topic, I mean you guys are talking about engeneering, and this topic was about some guy that wanted help. I mean make your own topic about aeronautical engineering instead of talking about it here.

LK asked me a question, and i answered it... what difference does it make if we talk about engineering?? this is the social loune...

Steven12 said:
Maurice mate, what does modest mean?
Why have I got this feeling that you're kidding me??, look modest up in a dictionary, now look up immodest, which you tend to be, my remark about you not being modest, was, I'm afraid, sarcasm, I've just told a member I don't do sarcasm, but you brought out the worst in me, with your statement that you are brilliant.

Irrelevant point (going back to the driving):

@ Steven12 - driving on the road is very different. I passed my test 7 months ago, on the second attempt, after 6 months of non-stop practice before then.

But then again I'm in Edinburgh, parts of which have some of the worst driving standards and worst traffic conditions for the whole UK.

From Dictionary.com:
Modest: 1. Having or showing a moderate estimation of one's own talents, abilities, and value.
2. Having or proceeding from a disinclination to call attention to oneself; retiring or diffident. See Synonyms at shy1.
3. Observing conventional proprieties in speech, behavior, or dress.
4. Free from showiness or ostentation; unpretentious. See Synonyms at plain.
5. Moderate or limited in size, quantity, or range; not extreme: a modest price; a newspaper with a modest circulation.

Immodest: 1. Lacking modesty.
1. Offending against sexual mores in conduct or appearance; indecent: a bathing suit considered immodest by the local people.
2. Not properly restrained in expression or self-assertion; boastful: immodest claims in advertising and promotion.
3. Arrogant.

(Sorry about the dodgy formattting)

hehe here at AR i bet we have even lower standards for driving than you :D we are supposed to read this little 30 page book taht they give us on how you should drive...then take a 20 question test. the test is soo easy you don't even have to read the book for it!! its questions like. what is the 8 sided red sign? A. stop sign B. yeild sign C.speed up D. no u-turns. im serious!! then for the "driving part" all we have to do is drive around the block and don't run any red lights. then we pass :D

Back
Top Bottom