Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: learning computer skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by one4stevo
Where did you learn all you know about computers?
Trial and error, just messed about with computers and learned from there. You would be supprised to know just how much you can learn!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I agree with technoman none of us really went to like a speacil school and learned what we learned from their. It also depends on what you want to learn like I'm really interseted in graphics cards and CPus, so I know a lot about that, but don't ask me a question about linux or networking.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #13
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to BFTAaron

I started young, and it was my brother-in-law that got me started. From there I have done many different things in the compter industry (Mostly Trial And Error) Anything from web design, to webhosting, to computer repair, to software distribution and beyond. It all depends on what things you like the most. I would read magazines, try to get into some projects, and find online tutorial's to get as much information you can on what you are interested in. Once you get a lead, research it, and get more information on that one thing. It will take awhile to gain a vast amount of knowledge, but it will be worth it if you enjoy it.
BFTAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by uid=[0]
Mostly from tinkering around with them, I tend to find ways to break things then go back and find out how/why it broke. Then fix it.(Reverse Engineering) Aside from that mostly school, and on the job experience. I have worked with quite a few companies such as Sprint, Time Warner, and Silpada Designs, all of which I learned new things at that I was never taught in school. Tricks of the trade if you will.

Look on your profile..118 posts per day, thats mad man, slow down!

But yeah, trial and error, messing about at home seems to be general idea.
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Crazy thing on a quick galance on all posts by him is that they aren't spam...
Old 04-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #16
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to BFTAaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Crazy thing on a quick galance on all posts by him is that they aren't spam...
Yea, joined April 17st, 180 posts and no spamming. That is a good track record.

I do agree with One4stevo. But although it may be that if more guests sign up, it will make this place trashy, it could also benefit the forum as well. Just a thought..
BFTAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to uid=[0]

had to leave for a bit but im back now LOL
Wireless Network Security Spec.
uid=[0] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #18
Baseband Member

Wow Guys thanks for the response. With a little determination and with you guys hear to help me out I should be fine then. I thought most of the people in hear went to UNI or Collage, But it seam most of you started out like myself. So I guess it's safe to say you will see me around for a while. Once again everyone Thank You Keep up the great work.
one4stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #19
Golden Master

I learnt some by myself when I had to redo my PC, on my own. I also identified parts with my old school counselor, played with my 486, I also had some Work Study for that, learning that stuff may be defective, knew how to properly how to install a PC, LOTS on forums and the rest will be taken care of in Trade school and uni, if possible.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:10 PM   #20
BSOD

i learned most of what i know about computers by myself. one day, i decided to actually use the family computer, see what computers actually can do. i was amazed at what i was missing out on, there is just so much you can do. i was interested in how computers work and stuff, so i studdied the parts of a computer online. i learned what is bad and what is good for computer hardware, and then i realized our family computer sucked (32mb ram, 333mhz processors, 2gb hd, windows98, the classic crap computer.) thats wehn i persuaded ym mom to buy me my own, and then i was addicted to having a better computer. i wanted to upgrade, so i figured i'd try it myself, and thats when i got into the hardware aspect of computers. i started building them, and thats when i really learn. the best way to learn is when you actually have a hands on experience. its kind of like in school; you would learn more about, say, a cave, by actually taking a feild trip there and seeing it than reading about it in a book. so ya, just experiment and experiment, and like k-pow said, you can almost always fix something you mess up.

Dip Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote