The Law Won

am i right in thinking that the very first room sized computer built used valves and these valves could calculate bu opening the valves to give out different answers. e.g a closed valve would be no and open would be yes or binary 0,1. so am i right in thinking that the first transistors in cpus do they same thing but much more smaller and quicker using voltages?

well they were switches not 'valves' but yes its the same principle, i.e. a transistor is a switch that gives a 1 or 0 value like the on/off of a switch

thats cool. When computers get small enough, the thing I see is a projector that is a computer, and has a built in laser keyboard (where it projects on a surface) and the same for a mouse, or it will detect a laser pointer on the screen. those would be cool.

am i right in thinking that the very first room sized computer built used valves and these valves could calculate bu opening the valves to give out different answers. e.g a closed valve would be no and open would be yes or binary 0,1. so am i right in thinking that the first transistors in cpus do they same thing but much more smaller and quicker using voltages?
yes
well they were switches not 'valves' but yes its the same principle, i.e. a transistor is a switch that gives a 1 or 0 value like the on/off of a switch
no

they weren't switches.

the first computer was colossus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_computer

it used valves.

it was built in Bletchly park, (just down the road from where I live).
even closer to the member who lives in Milton Keynes.

there is a restoration project to rebuild it.

and it's on display at Bletchley park now.

yes

the first computer was colossus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_computer

it used valves.

it was built in Bletchly park, (just down the road from where I live).
even closer to the member who lives in Milton Keynes.

there is a restoration project to rebuild it.

and it's on display at Bletchley park now.

he he that would be me,

wow i never new that so the first computern was built in milton keynes ?

woo hoo they do say its the city of the future

Back
Top Bottom