Law Variants {Warning, Mature Discussion}

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
You know, I was thinking earlier about laws. And we pretty much have basic laws, be good people, dont kill anyone, dont have sex with little kids, dont do drugs, bad things are bad things.

But, In some regions of the world.. You can get away with more. I mean, murder wasn't always illegal, It use'd to be perfectly fine to kill your neighbor if he didnt sell you his cow or something.

But How do those types of laws differentiate today?
What country do you think is the most leniant in their regulations?
And the Contrapositive, Which country is most strict?
Do Laws in your country vary drastically, slightly, or not at all from surrounding countries

Basically, What can certain people do in one country than another person cant in theirs. Take For Instance, I believe in America Music Pirating is taken very seriosly, while in say.. Russia, It's considered sharing and is common (and allowed)

Some topics to think about: Piracy, Racism, Rape, Underage Abuse, Murder, etc

Society is different in every part of the world. Take Drunk Driving for example, if your caught here you only get a fine and lose your license. In some other countries your jailed on the first offence.

I wonder what the laws are in Antartica...

I wonder if they have a Central Government..

Well in here I think that the punishments for some stuff isn't as strict as it should be. In the USA u murder someone and u can get like 200 years of jail. In here u murder someone and u most likely get the highest possible amount of time in jail, but that time is like 15 years. I believe that we should have a system where like serial killers etc would be put to jail for the rest of their life, because I don't think that they deserve another chance.

And I believe the laws are about the same in the other Nordic countries too.

And I must agree about the piracy thing in Russia. Like about 8 years ago when I had no idea how to download computer games etc from the internet (and neither did any of my friends or relatives) if some of my relatives went to Russia (which they did quite often) I'd just ask them to bring like 10 new computer games for me, since over there they sell pirated stuff (games, music, movies, everything) on the market places etc. And u could get one like for 1/5 of the real price.

~K-Pow~ said:
Society is different in every part of the world. Take Drunk Driving for example, if your caught here you only get a fine and lose your license. In some other countries your jailed on the first offence.
I thought you had multiple chances before you lost your license. Maybe it has changed and I haven't kept up with it. :rolleyes: Either that or Nova Scotia is different than Newfoundland.

Singiapore by far is the more strict country.

Germany doesn't play with DUIs, my dads troop came over oen night when he was new to the coutry they sat around talking and stuff and he had one beer and a glass of wine. He had the beer early in his visit. (Was here for 7 or so hours) then at dinner he had a glass of wine (aboutr 4 hours before he left) so he basicaly sat around for 4 hours taking having a glass of water and snacking on chips. He got stopped at a checkpoint his acholo level was like .02 he lost his licease for 2 months.

In america if he would of told the cop the story and he had no previous trouble with the law they'd of let him go. Anyone can drive safely at 0.02 because I mean heck thats not even a full beverage. Cops didn't care, commander didn't care even though it was just plain bad luck.

And murder is a touchy subject. If someone kils someone in rage, thats different then killing someone because your serial murder. A man here got 5 years for murder and if you think about it thats a while. He had just turned 18 as well and never known to be violent. Germany goes pretty light on murder compared to America and guess whato n a ratio level 900 poeple die to murder in germany each each. America is 20,000 somthing and thats just with guns.

Nik00117 said:
And murder is a touchy subject. If someone kils someone in rage, thats different then killing someone because your serial murder.

Murder is always planned. If it isn't planned, like someone did it because he got angry and didn't really think at all, then it's different. Don't know what u call it in english, maybe just killing or something. And of course murder is worse (so u go to jail for a longer time) because it's something u planned to do.

edit: atleast thats how it is in here.

I believe in Antarctica follows the basic international laws. No murder, rape etc etc. BUT besides that nothing. The open seas is much like that place international laws.

But you have to judge teh difference between a serial murder (life at the least) a planned murder (15 or so years at the least no more then 30) and rage murder 5 to 10. I believe we as humans make mistakes. Its in our nature, somtimes those mistakes are far more serious. But why punish a good man that really, really screwd up once for his entire life. Now planning a murder is entirely different.

Jordan Pardy said:
I thought you had multiple chances before you lost your license. Maybe it has changed and I haven't kept up with it. :rolleyes: Either that or Nova Scotia is different than Newfoundland.

You only lose it for a short time. I think it's on the 3rd offence you are supposed to lose them for good.

Back
Top Bottom