Okay I've been looking at MacBook's for a bit now and have finally decided I want to get one. I've been looking these two models.
The regular MacBook features:
* 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
* 2 GB of 800MHz DDR2 RAM
* 160 GB 5400RPM Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive
* Mac OS X 10.6 Leopard Operating System
* Advanced GeForce 9400M NVidia Graphics, 13.3 Inch Glossy Display
Or I can go with the Macbook Pro
The Macbook pro features:
* 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
* 2 GB DDR3 RAM
* 160 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive
* Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system
* 13.3 inch LED Display, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics
Here are the differences
MacBook - White polycarbonate enclosure
MacBook Pro - Precision aluminum unibody
MacBook - 13.3-inch glossy widescreen display
MacBook Pro - 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
LED is probably a decent reason here. Much better display? There both 1280X800 though.
MacBook - Scrolling trackpad
MacBook Pro - Multi-Touch trackpad
MacBook - 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
MacBook Pro - 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
Not much better than the regular MacBook
Everything else is essentially the same. I think it comes down to the LED screen and DDR3 memory. Is it really worth an extra $200?
I'm planning on using this for school when I'm on the road and designing applications for the iPhone. About the only real programs I'm going to use are Office and Photoshop from it. I've got a good PC at home for gaming and more intensive stuff.
Should I splurge and get the Pro or just buy the Regular one?