lap top vs desktop

esa193

Fully Optimized
just wondering what you guys think
list the cons pros talk about the issues with both

Laptop: Portable, generally less powerful.
Desktops: Not portable, generally more powerful.

Also depends on your budget, but that's about my argument.

Laptops are generally a little more expensive than comparable desktops once you start getting into higher-end components.

If you don't need to use it in the car or on a trip, get a desktop.

i love the upgradeablity and power of a desktop
but i also love to sit any where in my house

Laptops:
Pros:
Portability (well depends...)

Negative:
Don't tend to be as powerful,
Harder to upgrade,
more expensive for same tech in a PC

I say a Desktop PC is better, unless you are a student that needs to move around a lot. In which case, (you wouldn't be gaming anyway really), a cheap laptop is nice to have.

But I do feel for creative people, portability is a must. I find I get different inspirations depending on which room I'm in.
Music for example. I can create better music on the piano downstairs, than I can on the keyboard in my room

It really depends on your lifestyle. For me, I enjoy having both, I like having a laptop because I'm in college and it helps so I can take it to class. I also like having my desktop at home for gaming, also I find it easier to do assignments on my desktop.

My main complaints about laptops is the battery life, and the fact that unless your willing to spend a ton of money, your fairly limited on performance.

well i find a laptop easily compares with a desktop, even in terms of power. i mean my laptop pwns my desktop and i only got it a few months after. id therefore say the pros of a laptop are: portable, small, wire free
cons: only bad thing really is the graphics, but who wants to game that much on a laptop anyway. the only other bad thing is it isnt as easy to upgrade them

I took care of your post dude_se. Hope you don't mind.

I prefer my desktop, but my VAIO lappy is very powerful and useful for school.

I think the bottom line is this: What is better depends on what you are going to do on the comp. If you game, then a desktop is better for you, if you want to carry your computer around with you then...

Laptops
Pros
  • Portable
  • Can be really small if your into that

Cons
  • Get hot on your lap rather quickly
  • Not good for gaming
  • Hard to upgrade, most of the time you can't
  • Battery life isn't that great on some of the,
  • Drop them, can break easily
  • Not powerful

Desktops