Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Kodak Picture Maker

I work at Wal-Mart as an electronics associate, and today my assistant manager (boss) told me to work on trying to fix the Kodak Picture Maker. I was a bit skeptical until I realized that it is just a big fancy Windows 2000 computer with a few extras. It had special software, though, so you couldn't tell that it was a Windows computer. Everything was USB, including media readers, printers, the scanner, and even the touch-screen interface. The problem is that the USB part of the motherboard is damaged, so the touch-screen, media readers, printers, and scanner don't work. So what good is the machine? But Kodak is supposedly sending us a new motherboard and something tells me that I will be putting it in. I don't mind, but I can never stay in my own department, selling the computers. TBH, I enjoyed myself today sitting in front of a computer instead of on my feet for 8 hours. I had an excuse to not helping customers and everything. So what do you think of the advances and dominence of Windows in anything technological? Even our little kiosks are Windows. Our WYSE terminals. Our servers. Our workstations that have an exclusive interface have Windows running in the background. Wal-Mart designs every piece of software for the company, except the operating system, and that is where Windows comes in.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
muz
Golden Master

Default Re: Kodak Picture Maker

Well its prolly a lot cheaper for kodak to just use standard equipment running windows then have to employ a programer to program the whole thing . it also makes it easier when nit comes to repairs like this

Old 08-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Kodak Picture Maker

I am just glad it is an environment I am familiar with.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote